BullBuster 13-Mar-19
Trophyseeker 13-Mar-19
Farmer chuck 13-Mar-19
BullBuster 14-Mar-19
Trophyseeker 14-Mar-19
Trophyseeker 14-Mar-19
Trophyseeker 14-Mar-19

Date:08-Mar-19

Anyone have any experience with Cuddeback's Cuddelink cameras? I like the idea of being able to check multiple cameras by only checking one and not needing a data plan. I haven't been overly impressed with some of their cameras in the past, but figured I'd see if anyone had experience with them before picking any up.

By: Timbow
Date:11-Mar-19

I ran 8 of them this year and they did great. The system is very convenient and signal is much better than I expected.

How reliable are they in timber?

Mine cut through a 1/3 mi of very thick timber and over a slight slope and did fine. However, when the snow in the trees got heavy, i lost signal. Otherwise very happy with my 8 camera set up. Now if only that big tom would return while i'm there......

Date:12-Mar-19

I'm running 8 of the J1415s and my only complaint has been the inconsistency of battery drain. Some cameras will last 2 months on AA Alkaline (Energizers), and some will only last a couple of weeks. I think this has to do with where they are located in the daisy chain, or in lower reception areas where they are really doing overtime to relay the pictures back to another camera down the line.

I had one camera eat 12 Lithium Ion Energizers in a month. Then I had one cause a battery explosion inside.

Cuddelink repaired the camera promptly, so no issues with CS.

I recently purchased two of the solar panels for them and am testing them through the shorter, colder days. So far they are a month in and doing nicely.

Also, a set of Eneloop rechargeable batteries will last a couple of months during cold weather I have learned.

By: Timbow

I've had no problems in timber and mine go through a couple hundred yards of thick stuff no problem. I've also had a few issues with inconsistent battery life but they came out with a new battery pack that bolts to the back that converts them to D cells and is supposed to double battery life. I'm going to pick up a few of those to try out this year.

When I updated the software it did improve battery life. Still an issue when cold.

By: Slam38
Date:13-Mar-19

I sold over 200 of them this year and no complaints . Most people wanted the IR over the blackout. If anyone serious about getting some just PM me and we will see what we can do

Can you do the relay without the cellular link? Just have a base camera and have all the others transmit to that camera and then would not need to intrude on the other areas except to change batteries? I guess what I am asking is can you avoid buying the $400+ unit and just run the less expensive units that you can buy in four packs?

I don't remember prices but i don't run with cell. none in my area. cameras all send to home unit.

Yes. The J cameras which are in the 4 packs will transmit to whichever unit you designate as the home. You can then physically check that sd card without a cellular plan.

My experience with cuddeback cameras was not very good.picture quality was poor especially at night. Is the picture quality of these cameras any better.

Date:14-Mar-19

Night are still poor compared to my Bushnell.

Trophyseeker's embedded Photo

Here is a couple night photos from the J camera in the IR version. These are the thumbnail photos that were emailed from the camera.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.