Mike-TN 31-Jul-18
Early Bird 31-Jul-18

Date:26-Jul-18

Early Bird's MOBILE embedded Photo

Any guess the age of these two deer.

Thanks!!

Early Bird's MOBILE embedded Photo

For some reason I the second pic didn't show, so here it is.

Big woods or ag fields? Also area of the country may make a big difference. 2 or 3

Big woods in Southern Ohio. I was thinking 2 for the first one and 3 or 4 on the second. Based on body size.

By: LKH
Date:27-Jul-18

Without some sort of reference in the pics the actual size is impossible to tell. First deer is not as bulky (deep, solid chest) as the 2nd.

My SWAG is top pic 3, bottom pic 4 or 5. I get the QDMA email each week with pics of "Guess the age bucks" and I'm on about 80% of the time. That's worth exactly what you paid for it.

By: Marsh

2 and maybe 3 on the bottom one, but having his head turned back and to the right, I think makes his body look bigger.

Date:28-Jul-18

I agree with 2 on the first....3-4 on the second.

Get a jaw bone, then we'll know for sure! ;-)

Daylight pic is very likely 2. I am used to judging KY deer but night pic looks 4+ to me. Out 3 yr olds are not that heavy and deep in the chest.

Thanks for all the replies, the first one could be very nice if he makes it another year. The second one looks like it is a potential shooter..

Date:29-Jul-18

The second pic is a mature buck which means he's at least 4. It gets hard to tell, unless you have history with the deer, just how old they are after reaching maturity. Antler mass will sometimes give an indication as many bucks tend to put on more mass as they age.

By: Shawn

I would say 3.5 and 4.5 but again it is hard to tell from those pics. Shawn

Figure they were born in January Shawn?;-) I have shot a lot bucks that looked younger on the hoof than what their teeth told us they really were and vise versa. Body size is a good indicator of heath and nutrition not age.

By: Shawn
Date:31-Jul-18

No but this fall in 3 months when he can shoot them they will be that age. I could of said 38 months and 50 months. Shawn

I can tell you that the first buck is definitely not be 3.5 and my inclination is that the larger buck is 3.5. I am assuming that these pics come off of your property and would be surprised if a 4.5 year old buck would at least generate more mass if not substantially bigger rack.

The pic is only June 9 so he is going to put on a lot more antler. Would be nice to see an updated picture.

I will work on that. Going back in a week or so I hope to have an update.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.