Zbone 23-Jul-18
skookumjt 23-Jul-18
drycreek 23-Jul-18
Zbone 24-Jul-18
Ollie 24-Jul-18
Zbone 26-Jul-18

By: Zbone
Date:22-Jul-18

Been thinking about it all spring/summer and the "Killing and re-planting" thread reminded me its now time to do so if I am going to...

So after doing so, is there such a thing as a Roundup Ready clover seed... It so, what type and brand... Thanks...

Just use the appropriate herbicide and mowing.

Its only about 3/4 acre or so behind the house and don't have the equipment to plow and disc, can only mow short and scratch with a 4' rack thingy, and then broadcasting winter rye and medium red clover, been doing so past half dozen years or so but weeds keep taking over.... I still have 40% glyphosate and 2-4-d and want to kill everything dead including these hardly weeds... The last time I used herbicide that seem to kill everything, the hardy weeds came back to following spring, this time I want to try to spray, mow short and scratch hopefully killing the roots this time... Anyhow, thought if I do so would like to try a roundup ready type seeds without residual herbicide effects...

The only crops I am aware of that are round up ready are corn, soybeans, canola, cotton, sugar beets and alfalfa.

Date:23-Jul-18

Zbone,

The weeds come back next year as they may have already dropped their seeds before you sprayed them. Plants have to be actively growing for gly to kill them.

"The weeds come back next year as they may have already dropped their seeds before you sprayed them"

That makes sense and kinda figured on some off that... All I know is they sure come back better than my clover...8^)

You are using the wrong chemicals and the wrong methods to manage your crop. If you don't have the equipment and knowledge, you would be better off leaving it alone and growing native grasses and forbs.

Mowing usually takes care of weeds in my clover. Maybe you're not mowing soon/often enough to keep them from reproducing. Cleth takes care of my grass, but again, spray it before it gets mature, cause cleth doesn't work well on mature grasses. Good luck !

Date:24-Jul-18

Thanks all...

By: Ollie
Date:24-Jul-18

I will add that once weeds get to the point that you notice that you have a weed problem, it may be too late to effectively use herbicides like clethodim and 2,4-DB to control them.

Date:26-Jul-18

Last question... After I try to kill it all with glyphosate and 2,4-DB, then mow and scratch, but how long to wait before broadcast seeding clover and winter rye...

I understand glyphosate hasn't residual affect, but how long for 2,4-DB?... Thanks...

Pat - Am gonna try IMOX next spring... Thanks

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.