t-roy 12-Jul-18
t-roy 12-Jul-18
KsRancher 12-Jul-18
t-roy 13-Jul-18
KsRancher 13-Jul-18
dm/wolfskin 15-Jul-18

Date:11-Jul-18

drycreek's MOBILE embedded Photo

All I know about it is that it's hard to kill with gly after it's mature. Is it dog fennel ?

looks like dog fennel

Eupatorium capillifolium for sure :)

Date:12-Jul-18

Can u smoke it? Harvest it and ship to Colorado as an "Herb"...cash crop!?!

^^^^^^ Good idea ! Ima be rich sucka !

It kind of resembles and really big mature mares tail. Up here if they get much bigger than a couple inches tall Gly won't even phase them

By: grubby

Looks like mares tail to me too. Hard to kill!! the good news is that it is easily outcompeted (is that a word?) I don't get too worried about it.

By: t-roy

I’m pretty sure it’s not mares tail.

I looked up dog fennel. Like I said in my previous post, it kind of resembles very mature mares tail. I will go with the dog fennel though

There is an app called picture this, says you can take a pic with your phone and this app will tell you what plant it is. I don't have it but the reviews are good.

^^^^^^^ I have an app called Plant Snap that's supposed to do the same thing. So far, three tries, it's batting a big fat zero......

I looked up marestail and dog fennel ID pics. I think it's definitely dog fennel. Gonna mow it, wait a few days and gly the hell out of it. I had a small patch of it that was 6' tall, mixed a little Butyrac with some gly and that smoked it. May try that again.

t-roy's embedded Photo

Here’s some mares tail, fresh off the presses.

t-roy's embedded Photo

Another pic

Those are small mares tail. When they get some age on them they will not be just a single stalk with leaves. They will start to grow limbs/branches. Can have several limbs/branches and they will have real fine leaves like the OP's picture. The bottom leaves will hook like t-roy's picture. They will 4-5ft tall and be a couple feet wide at the ends of lims/branches. I agree they are not mares tail. But could easily be mistaken for one

Date:13-Jul-18

“Those are small mares tail”. Pony tails? ;-)

Whatever they are, they’re a PITA, but I’d rather have them than pigweed/waterhemp :-(

Date:13-Jul-18

I agree. Even the pigweeds are getting gly resistant. If they get very big at all it don't do much but just ding them for a couple days. And with all the cotton around, can't spray 24D.

Date:15-Jul-18

They do have 2-4-D cotton but I don't know if it's on the market yet. I worked with it before my retirement over a year ago. Lots of weeds are becoming resistant to roundup after years of spraying over the same fields with it. Need to change out herbicides every few years.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.