India UP meerut 05-Oct-20
MOBEN 11-Oct-20
India UP meerut 08-Nov-20
drycreek 08-Nov-20
insureit 31-Dec-20
drycreek 31-Dec-20

Date:23-May-18

drycreek's MOBILE embedded Photo

After buying and wrecking two sets of Field Tuff :-) quick change hitches, I searched the web for something better. I watched several video reviews of both Pat's and the frame type quick hitches and couldn't see anything I was excited about. Then, I happened onto the Carter & Sons EZ- HITCH. This is a much better option IMO. Not Chinese junk, but real steel, and cheaper than the Chinese cast ones. Lifetime warranty too !These don't set your implement back 5/6" like the others do either, which made my front end light, and my drive shaft on my seeder too short. Granted, I haven't done anything except pin them on my tractor, but they look like they will get the job done. No affiliation whatsoever, just a PSA for anyone who might be interested.

Thanks dry creek.....keep us posted on the results!

Mark

Ouch

By: t-roy

t-roy's embedded Photo

Here’s the one I use on my 4020. No issues with it in the past 15-20 years.

drycreek's embedded Photo

Pat, the original ones I had worked great, they just didn't last. Picked up my disc the other day to turn around and one side picked up, the other side digging in the ground. I was 100 miles away from home and shop, so I stuck a sheet metal screw in where the roll pin went, wired the hook closed, and finished up. Bent the crap out of the uprights on the hitch but was able to straighten them (sort of) with a hammer. That's when I went to searching for a better solution. These suckers just pin on, so you can remove them in less than a minute if you want to. It remains to be seen how well they work and last, but I can tell you that they're made of much better material than the others. If anyone wants to look, here is the website.

By: APauls
Date:24-May-18
APauls's Supporting Link

Friend of mine recently came to market with his new product for hitches or implements. Might be worth a look. To me looks like a great quality product.

By: t-roy

Interesting concept, APauls. Are there any videos of it in action?

BTW, the Simplement logo looks like the “Touchdown Jesus” mural at Notre Dame! Maybe there was some divine inspiration in the product ;-)

By: APauls
APauls's Supporting Link

Yes Troy the videos of it in action are awesome. There is one further down the page on the link I provided above. They also have more videos on their facebook page I will attach that link in this post.

When I asked Jon about it, here is what he told me: The Simplement is new technology aimed at changing the way the connection of implements are done altogether. There is nothing like it on the market at all. But yes, at the end of the day it is a way to attach implements, but alleviate a lot of the pain and hassle associated with the old way of attaching, while adding a lot more versatility.

You don’t have to always adjust the turnbuckles every time you want to change to a different attachment like you would on a regular three point hitch and even with this EZ hitch thing you still have to do that. With the Simplement, you pretty much never have to get off the tractor either when connecting, unless you’re changing the angle of the attachment or hooking up a PTO shaft.

The Simplement also allows our box blade up to 60inch wide to be rotated 360 degrees, this means you can now use a box scraper as a scraper blade itself by reversing the box scraper and using the back cutting edge as a scraper. And of course being able to angle a box scraper has never been done before either. Plus a whole bunch of other attachments are coming soon that we have been working on.

I can see where that would be nice if all your implements were compatible, but that’s not gonna work on my seeder or spray rig, or on anything else without modifying the implement. If it gets popular enough, implement manufacturers will be making stuff that’s compatible, but I might be dead by then. :-)

Been using the Pat’s quick hitch for 2 years. It works fine and since the lift arms can still adjust for width, I can use it on implements which are not standard width. They are cast so might be more subject to breaking than the steel ones in the initial post. They can be removed in about 5 minutes.

Date:22-Aug-20

My order Carter EZ Hitch ki delivery soon as soon. Payment cash on delivery (CASH ON Delivery)

By: AccMan
Date:22-Aug-20

I had a set of Pats and never did like it. I found and installed Carters and like it much better.

Date:23-Aug-20

I just saw this thread come back from the dead. Interesting, as I can give a little update. Last week I broke one of the pins (pipe) that hold the hitches to the lift arms. A little over two years of mowing, discing, spraying, spreading, and cultipacking. Not bad, but I replaced them both with 3/4” X 3” grade 8 bolts. I expect them to outlast me. I have a little wear on the inside where the implement pins contact the hitches, but there’s much more meat left. All in all, if I were reviewing them, they’d get 4.5 stars. If they came with better keeper pins, 5 stars for sure. I’d recommend putting the grade 8 bolts in for the first installation.

Date:05-Oct-20

Carter EZ quick hitch Cash on delivery Delivery in mawana meerut UP india

By: MOBEN
Date:11-Oct-20

Confused, where is the top hook?

Date:08-Nov-20

My Requirement is Carter EZ quick hitch Cash on delivery

Date:08-Nov-20

MOBEN, there’s a keeper pin that goes through both hooks. Look at the last pic I posted and you’ll see them. The thing I like about them the most is that they mount on top of your lift arms, not on the back. The others I used made your implement stick out farther and just that 4/5” made my front wheels get light if I were going up a steep grade with my shredder lifted up. The Carter’s keeps the same balance point, but you can lift your implement just a little higher.

Date:31-Dec-20

I have a quick hitch and it will not fit some of my tools. I looked a Pat's but i don't like how they make your lift arms longer. I'm considering Carter's EZ but it looks like you can't go as low to attach. I have a couple of things i have to pick up now to attach. There is a weld on hook system they use on lots of tractors in Europe and they come from the factory on new ones.

Is the higher hitch point a problem?

Date:31-Dec-20

Insureit, not for me. I have a couple things I have to lft as well, but they are a 60 gallon spray rig, and a cyclone type seeder/spreader. Either can be hooked up by myself but I have taken to placing the spray rig on a pallet where I can reach it with the lift arms. Everything else, disc, shredder, cultipacker, etc. is easy to hook up relatively speaking. The PTO on the shredder can be a bitch but that has nothing to do with the hitch.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.