David A. 03-May-18
LBshooter 04-May-18
AndyJ 04-May-18
kota-man 04-May-18
WV Mountaineer 04-May-18
Bill Obeid 04-May-18

By: MK111
Date:22-Apr-18

Be sure to read the news over on Bowsite that Yeti dropped the NRA Foundation.

I would say most Yeti products are bought by sportsmen. If the sportsmen boycott Yeti who's going to buy their over priced products?

They are insulating themselves to be politically correct...eh?

I am sure they thought through his and figure the loses will be exceeded by the gains

These are not rash decisions

By: lawdy

I bought two Yeti coffee mugs for my wife and I this very afternoon, and just sat down to check out Bowsite and read this. I had no idea and I am not driving 75 miles to return them as we already used them. I would never buy their coolers as I own two Orcas at half the price and work great.

There's already a thread on the board on this subject.

By: Ollie
Date:23-Apr-18

So should we boycott any company that makes outdoor-related products if they do not donate to the NRA foundation? Why only Yeti? Sounds kind of like the natzi tactics used by liberals.

Ollie, You sound butt hurt.

Ollie, not every company has to donate to the NRA, but if they make a living by selling to hunters they should. The fact that yeti attached their name/product with the NRA and now has pulled that support they will have to live with that decision. If sportsman decide to not support yeti that's our right, yeti should have thought of their decision and the reactions it might have. Also, other companies who support the NRA might rethink taking their support away. Yeti gave no reason why they were discontinuing support to the NRA, what are we to think.

WV, my butt feels just fine. Thanks for your concern. I could care less if Yeti is a supporter of the NRA. My selection of a cooler is not going to be dependent upon whether that company supports the NRA Foundation. LBshooter, you claim that any company that sells products to hunters should support the NRA Foundation. Why give a free pass to all of those companies that have not supported the NRA Foundation?

By: PECO

I don't only buy hunting gear from companies that support the NRA. Reason, the NRA is the leader in supporting the 2nd. The 2nd has nothing to do with our rights to hunt, other than many use guns to hunt. The 2nd is about maintaining a well armed militia to defend against enemies foreign and domestic. I don't care which company supports the NRA. However, if you are a company, that makes millions off of people who use your cooler for the meat they kill with guns, who are most likely NRA members, and your company supports the NRA, then you quit supporting the people and organization that brings you millions? Come on, why? Screw Yeti, screw REI, Screw Dicks.

By: TD

What are your thoughts as to exactly WHY they PULLED their support at this TIME?

What do YOU think the message they are trying to send? What statement are they trying to make?

A company makes a statement not only by their words but by their actions. To me it is a clear statement they are supporting the infringement of my 2A rights with more and more meaningless regulations and supporting many leftist groups efforts to infringe them.

They bail out on me, refuse to support me and my rights...... in what world should they or anyone expect me to support their product and business?

Lots of other options, many of them better options. Their competition must be doing happy dances and giving high fives about now.....

By: smarba

Agree TD. Sure, not EVERY outdoor company supports NRA. But when one has supported and PULLS OUT at this time, they are saying loud and clear "we don't care about gun rights, and by association hunting".

Libs are having a field day generating a couple hundred complaints (or less) and weak spined companies pull their support for NRA, etc. We need to show our power and stop supporting those companies.

Date:29-Apr-18

I say we organize a NAT’L YETI SHOOT, a fund raiser. Give the proceeds to the police families who lost a parent/ spouse in the line of duty!!!

NRA members are a fraction of the U.S. population. They are not concerned with 10% of the potential buyers. No company cares about 10% of any crowd. 20% will make them glance in that direction and 30% will have them speaking to that group. It is what it is. Nobody has principals towards people anymore. Principals (today) are relegated to financials.

Anyone who gets butt hurt over the fact that businesses have no moral code beyond profit, has no idea of how a business survives.

Yeti did sever ties with the NRA. They discontinued their promotional program for all groups they were working with and replaced it a different one. The NRA is trying to destroy a company that supported it for a long time. I don't own any yeti products and really don't care about them but people are overreacting.

By: AndyJ

“A company makes a statement not only by their words but by their actions.”

TD-I couldn’t agree more.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/administration/330973-secret-service-no-guns-at-trump-nra-speech%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ae4f225e4b04aa23f239924/amp

Yes TD, the timing of the pullback would have to be called suspicious. But according to reports, they didn't just pull this program from the NRA but others as well. Wouldn't it make just as much sense that they are pulling back from these discounting programs because all the competition (RTIC, Grizzly, etc) is hurting their bottom line and they can't afford that practice any more?

Sounds to me like both Yeti and NRA have egg on their face over this one. Yeti probably could have handled it better, but NRA is not playing smart about this. You don't go off pouting like some spoiled kid that was used to getting candy and suddenly the supply was less.

And you don't burn bridges with companies that have supported you in the past, even if they don't currently. That is just bad business for the NRA. You think Yeti will ever consider doing a business practice that helps NRA in the future? Nope, that bridge is completely burned!

And what about other companies that are considering making a deal with NRA? If that is how they treat people who help but sometime say they can't any more, I wouldn't want my company involved with that. Too much risk. "KEEP SUPPORTING US OR WE WILL HURT YOU" The bad press will most likely hurt YETI some. Other companies are watching.

Partner with the NRA, have a disagreement with them ...go bankrupt after they turn on you like a rabid dog. Sounds like a good business plan to me. Let this be a lesson to any company that even considers a partnership with them.

None of this had anything to do with the NRA until Marion Hammer made it about the NRA. Yeti Custom Shop has been canceling orders from political orgs since 2016; the NRA-ILA is no different. Do you honestly think the purchasing mgr for the -ILA didn't know why that order got canceled?

300+ Orgs were part of the Legacy Vendor Program. They canceled the whole program just to get at the NRA?? really?

Don't care about the coolers,but NRA has become a money funded anti organization for a bunch of years.I've never agreed with their gun stances and being a bowhunter I've never seen their point of views on bunch of issues.dropped my membership years ago.

One more thing,I was a NRA member years ago,Clinton's came in ,gun grabbers,always been a bowhunter,nothing has changed.got tired of the constant begging for money,where does it go.

I would expect that response by someone who doesn't own guns or read history.

All you see from the NRA is fear mongering, and quite frankly it works. You haveto look no further then some of the Saps just on bowsite alone that do nothing but regurgitate NRA platitudes. Beware of any organization that states that success can only be achieved through them, sounds a lot like all the Shakester religions. Its a sure sign that self preservation and promotion is their primary goal, not success of cause.

Guys, if the NRA wasn't around we would only have bows to sling arrows, guns would have been gone years ago. Thier tactics have evolved to meet the enemy and the left anti gun groups are the enemy. They not only want your AAr, Ak etc... They want your Glock, Springfield and any other firearm that's shoot more than six bullets, make no mistake. The same anti gunners are the folks who want to stop your deer, elk and bear hunts, and if you don't stand up they will ultimately win. They have knocked out hunting in California for cats, wolves are off the table and it's just a matter of time til they take your game animal away. You may not agree with everything and every way the NRA operates, but you cannot deny they are effective. There are plenty of gun owners who don't hunt and could say "I don't hunt so I don't care if they ban it" but I would bet most would still stand up with the hunters. So, the NRA asks for money, you don't have to give, but your name on the membership list adds power to the organization, and In this day and age power and influence is everything. Time to stand up for your rights, and not let a bunch of leftists take them away, We Need to stand together to defeat the antis, both gun and hunters.

How does the Kool aid taste LB?

By: PECO

You can't hunt cats in Cali. You can't hunt cats somewhere else and bring the mount into Cali. Cat hunting will be a memory withing a decade. Bear hunting will take a little longer but will also be a memory. When the NRA goes away, so will your guns and even more of your hunting rights. Do you guys know that in other countries they have strict gun laws and most of your guns are illegal there. Do you guys know it is illegal to bow hunt in some other countries? It can and will happen here if not for organizations like the NRA. NRA is powerful organization and protects you 2A rights. Once the antis take down the NRA and get your guns, hunting is next. Bow hunting organizations are nill in power compared to the NRA, bow hunting gone! Stick together on this if you like bow hunting and or guns. Strength in numbers!

While I understand the desire to "stand together", an Organization needs to be above board when communicating with it's members. Half truths and inflammatory rhetoric doesn't cut it.

Unfortunately for the NRA, they chose to trash a supporter of our lifestyle, and for what? It's not just joe6pack on internet forums wondering, what the hell was the NRA thinking?

“YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing ‘recent events’ as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can change their story, but they can’t change the facts. Whether their changing story is due to the recent cancellation of the IPO from their New York City owners is a question only, they can answer.” — Marion P. Hammer.

Huh.... what "recent events" may they be referencing? Any guesses here?

Good grief...... anti-2a hunters..... why we have no hound hunting in states, no cat hunting referendums, no bear baiting, trapping..... sad..... "we have seen the enemy..... and it is us...." If hunting becomes illegal we will..... or should anyway.... know why.....

On another level.... just a guess, but some folks seem to have vested interests in these products and companies that would distance themselves from "controversy". Fair enough, I'm good with defending ones interests.... it's pretty much what folks trashing yeti here are doing, their interests being constitutional rights over an upscale cooler..... But not going to be able to hide the company's adherence to political correctness or being fair weather friends. OK when partnering with NRA made them money and slaps on the back. Then bailing out for fear of backlash at cocktail parties....

They deserve any and all negative that comes from this..... if for no other reason than being stupid and clueless......

Date:30-Apr-18

TD- I don’t think there are any “anti-2A hunters”. There are however, a lot of anti NRA hunters. I was a member for years but once they turned into a partisan PAC, I let my membership lapse. I absolutely cannot get on board with the way they do business. They used to be about education and information now they come across a lot like organized crime. Until they decide to come to the table and offer realistic solutions to gun issues that arise, I will continue to not support the NRA.

Elk yinzer, Kool aid? I think not. It's the truth, and if you don't or can't see it right in front of your face then there's no help for you. I live in a town where handguns were banned, all handguns. Thankfully the surpreme court overturned the ban after 10 years, but the county still has its ban on semi auto rifles. Neighboring towns are also now putting bans on weapons after parkland, and the NRA is taking these towns to court. So the facts are without the NRA guns would have been banned out right years ago.

By: Whip

Whip's embedded Photo

At the same time Yeti went Anti gun they went Anti quail as well. Hmmm.... Wonder why the Quail people aren't all up in arms? Maybe they understand its not all about them.

I'm not anti-NRA. But they are far from my favorite org. They helped the crossbow manufacturers ram crossbows into the bow season here in WI.

This is the original NRA press release. You might note that nowhere does she reference "prior events" and in fact states, they were dropped for no reason. Only later, did she fabricate the "prior events" comment. In addition, and noted elsewhere, Yeti has not filled orders from political groups since 2016. I do give her credit, she correctly assumed the membership wouldn't take 2 minutes to fact check her comments.

DATE: April 20, 2018

TO: USF & NRA Member and Friends

USF Executive Director

NRA Past President

For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.

These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn't sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy outdoor recreational and educational programs.

The NRA Foundation is 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization.

In this day and age, information is power. We thought you needed this information.

https://www.yeti.com/contact-us.html

YETI

CORPORATE OFFICE

7601 Southwest Parkway

Austin, TX 78735

1-512-394-9384

TD's embedded Photo

Guess they could have done something like this to show their support......

The problem most hunters have who don’t believe in the NRA is their interpretation of the 2A is far different then most NRA members and the NRA itself. That and those butt hurt over crossbows. Other then that, it’s a non issue.

Proof in Andy J’s post. Common sense gun issues. Tell me what those are. I bet they differ from my opinion. And those that support the NRA

"That and those butt hurt over crossbows."

Well you just stated that the NRA is all about the 2cnd. Yet they stick their noses, money, and lobbying power into archery seasons?

What point do you make? They don't belong in hunting decisions? Well, many here say they don't. Many here complain they don't do enough for hunting too. My main point is that many people, you included will find any reason possible to say the NRA doesn't represent them.

However, one thing you need to understand is that the NRA doesn't set out to individually represent each and every person. They do not see the danger in crossbows that some of you do. And, they understand that future generations will need a strong hunter base in order to fund EVERYONE's fight for their Bill of Rights. That's their goals and that is what they intend to do. I'll take it over political partisanship, over bow hunting elite's, and anyone else that thinks the 2A is fluid to popular beliefs. How about you?

I am not being mean or hateful. I love bow hunting. All hunting in general. And, I don't like it when my civil rights organization gets involved in hunting issues. However, I do understand why they do it and, see the move as a take one for the team situation. You will too if the NRA ever loose's its effectiveness.

I too do not agree with everything the NRA does, but name one other organization that fights so hard for our gun rights?? There are none that come close. I may not always like their means and methods, but I will keep my membership up to date.

Andy J's common sense gun laws to decrease violence. Instant background checks, Waiting periods, 72 hour for handgun 24 hour for long guns. Other than these what else might a common sense law be? Illinois has had these common sense gun laws in place since the 70'/80's and the back round checks since the mid to late 80's. In addition, Chicago had a out right ban on weapons with the exception of a few long guns that were grandfathered in since the 70' and Chicago is one of the most violent city in the nation if not the world. So, Andy J, just wondering what your common sense gun laws would be to cut down on evil, psychotic people shooting up schools and bars?

Jaquomo's Supporting Link

From the Wall Street Journal (and many other outlets) today: "Credit card companies and banks in discussions to monitor gun purchases".

Hmmm...wonder why?

You just can't fix stupid. I feel the anti NRA complainers are just too cheap to pay the small yearly dues.

NRA Life Member here.

Date:01-May-18

NRA Lifer. If they keep bugging you for $$, don't you think you have control over that? 'Click"!1! But who is gonna have your @$$ when the $#!+ hits the fan and they come for your weapons with a backup? NRA. They sure as hell don't need YETI if we as a whole support them with our well-spent money to put toward 2A insurance. You buy beer don't you? You just P!$$ that away with no complaints. Go spend it wisely for a change, on NRA and get in the fight...... or not...instead sit at home sippin' Jack and watch old hunting videos from 'The Good Ole Days' passed when we HAD weapons.

I said “realistic solutions” not “common sense gun laws”. WV- you’re right though. I bet what you and I consider a realistic solution could be wildly different. However, mass shootings are becoming as American as apple pie and baseball and yet what does the NRA do every time one occurs: batten down the hatches and let the storm blow over or let the politicians they bought ignore the issue or toss out the ridiculous suggestion of arming more people. That’s like having a raging fire burning and when someone ask how to put it out, the answer comes back as, do nothing and wait for it to burn out or throw some gasoline on it.

After Parkland, the NRA’s solution: we need armed teachers. If that isn’t the most blatantly idiotic thing I’ve ever heard I don’t know what is. I know a fair number of teachers and I can honestly say at least 90% of them would not be fit to neutralize a shooter in the event of a crisis situation like a mass shooting. Police mess up shooter situations far less chaotic all the time and they are trained daily to handle crisis situations. Studies have shown that in battle, approximately 80% of soldiers don’t aim. Think of how many guys on this forum, blow really easy shots on game animals with very accurate weapons because they get too worked up. Yet, here the NRA wants to have teachers armed with handguns, which most people shoot poorly at best, shooting and quickly disabling a moving, armed and dangerous target potentially surrounded by students...yeah, I’m sure that’s going to have a good outcome. This is my biggest issue with the whole,”if everyone is carrying then we’ll be safe” attitude: Most people handle stress poorly and I’ve shot guns with a lot of different people and not many have impressed me. If you told the average Joe concealed carrier that in two days, he is going to have to face an armed gunman. The gunman will be 10 yards away and turn to face you at 10:05am. At that point you will have to shoot him in the chest. Even with two days prep time to mull the situation over, I’d be willing to bet less than 5 out 100 people that currently have a concealed carry permit would be able to safely get the job done. My question is what is the NRA’s answer going to be when everyone is carrying and we start having news stories like “5 bystanders dead after good samaritan tries to stop robbery”?

LB-first of all, Chicago isn’t even close to one of the most dangerous cities in the world, but this one dimensional thinking that guns are the cause or solution to violence is totally the wrong way of thinking. I never proposed to have the answers of how to stop mass shootings but I’m pretty sure I know bad ideas when I hear them and whenever the NRA calls for more guns, I get the idea that the NRA’s idea of a utopian society is of war torn places like parts of the Middle East or Sudan where everyone is carrying guns, including the kids, and we all know what peaceful places those are.

If you want a solution, support government aid for mental health and healthcare. Serious psychiatric issues are for life and imbalances in brain chemistry or serious emotional trauma are not treated and cured in fifteen visits to a psychiatrist.

"Yet, here the NRA wants to have teachers armed with handguns, which most people shoot poorly at best, shooting and quickly disabling a moving, armed and dangerous target potentially surrounded by students...yeah, I’m sure that’s going to have a good outcome." AndyJ, My feeling is that this tactic is more of a deterrent to a potential shooter than anything. Some kid knows the staff is armed, they will be way less likely to think about pulling some bs move of coming into a school and trying their hand at killing. They might get shot first. I agree most teachers would be useless in these situations and only well trained and mentally solid professional should be armed. the better solution is to have restricted entry and real police or soldiers in the school. Not so much any teachers. Real armed guards, period. That is not too much to ask for the protection of our school kids and staff. And the NRA knows that.

Andy J, I know what you said and, I know what you meant. Thank you for proving the point I made about fundamental differences. Yourself and others that want change are masters at stating things just right to be able to skirt the issue in which you are charged. Kinda sounds like a Certain cooler company. I only have two more points.

First one is what you think about people who have a concealed permit isn’t relevant. This isn’t Andy land. It’s America. No one is subject to a single wish, thought, or belief of another. That’s what makes us great. Second being the NRA is smart enough to realize banning Guns, more legislation, etc... isn’t going to stop mass shootings. That’s why they refuse to budge. And, it’s why we differ.

You believe differently then what the NRA does. So, you blame them when in reality, you are both saying some of the same things. They have been ringing the mental health bill for a while now. As well as other things that would make a difference. Just because you don’t agree doesn’t make you Correct. Millions of people that aren’t NRA members think arming teachers is a relevant option. Are you smarter then all of them too.

I keep hearing liberals say the same thing about armed self defense. Yet, I routinely hear of good people successfully defending themselves. I think that the thought the average gun carrier can’t defend themselves is regurgitated hog wash thick with political incentive. But, more importantly I KNOW that the mere presence of a firearm will deter most criminals. So, I’ll stick to what works with human nature.

I ain’t being mean either. Just pointing out reality.

Andyj , first of all, you are more likely to be shot in Chicago then your are in Iraq, sounds dangerous to me. Of course there are many underlying issues with why Chicago is so violent, but, the point of common sense/ realistic gun laws is that they won't change what's going on. Evil exsists and in order to stop of bad guy or mad man with a gun is to have a good guy with a gun.

I'll take that bet on the 5/100 ccw holders. I assume your not a conceal carry guy or a handgun enthusiast? Conceal carry holders take it very seriously and I would be willing to bet you that if you take 100 police officers against 100 ccw holders I'd bet the ccw holders shoot much better. Yes, much better. Why? Police officers don't practice anywhere near what ccw holders do, they don't get range time and cops have to buy their own ammo for the most part. Ccw holders practice far more then cops and this is based on my knowing bothsides well. Most big city depts don't even buy duty rounds for their officers. So far sonce conceal carry laws have been in place there hasn't been a situation where mass numbers of bystanders have been shot, and the crimes that are thwarted due to conceal carry are not reported and the numbers are considerable. Funny how the libs want to take our guns and yet they walk around with armed guards, lol. When Diane fienstein was trying to take everyone's guns back in the early 90's she stated that no one needs a gun, and the whole time she was packing a 38 in her purse. Like I've said before , I may not agree with the NRA on every position, but they are the best we have to fight the government and liberal gun grabbers.

As far as teachers having guns, in a parkland shooting scenario one or two teachers or janitors would have change that situation without any doubt. The simple act of firing towards the shooter would have change his mind set and he would have most likely fled sooner, which would have saved lives. If you asked the teachers who were actually in the locked classroom with the shooter trying to get in if they would have liked to have a gun I would bet they would have said yes. Your right, not all teachers should be armed, but out of all the staff of a high school I'm sure a few or more would and could be trained to act in a shooting scenario.

By: wild1

The NRA has never advocated for teachers having handguns, and as far as I know, no one has has. However, arming teachers has been promoted by a lot of people, including myself. It's off the intended topic and I don't want to hijack the thread, but there is no valid argument for a few teachers/staff not having quick access to a firearm.

Trapper- The idea of having to post police or soldiers at schools is something that just doesn’t sit right with me and more than likely, that’s my problem. Times are changing and maybe having armed guards at schools is just a sign of the times. However, it only takes a minute for a shooting to occur. If an armed guard isn’t nearby, then by the time he gets there it’s damage done. Also, do you think an armed guard is a deterrent if the shooter plans to commit suicide? I think only in that the shooter might be concerned he wouldn’t be able to accomplish his task. I don’t know.

WV-First and foremost, if there is one thing I will never do, it’s assume my way is unequivocally the only way and right way. I’m totally open to any and all ideas, and I put thought into new ideas, but I won’t hesitate to call bs or at least ask for clarification.

Please, inform me what issue I have skirted and I will address it head on.

Not once did I say I wanted any changes in gun laws. You see, you and a certain gun organization approach a conversation with a preconceived notion of the purpose. You’ve got your mind made up and after reading just a post or two from me, you know I’m wrong. I’m expressing my opinion, that’s it. If you don’t like my opinion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Why is my CC argument irrelevant? You said it’s irrelevant then move to how it’s not Andy land. I’m not sure what that means, but I’m Andy and I still don’t want it to be Andy land. I can’t imagine that place would attract many people. Heck, I annoy myself sometimes (lots of times).

You also mention all the success stories. I know there are a few. Then there are stories disguised as success stories like the church shooting a while back where one of the neighbors heard shots, grabbed his gun and shot the gunman... AFTER 27 people had already been killed. Is that a success story? What would you say is the ratio of “successes” to “ failures”?

I don’t blame the NRA for mass shootings, I just don’t like their no-compromise stance, which is exactly what a lot of members like about them. All I’m saying is the current situation is not working and given there level of power and influence, I really don’t think the NRA is doing anything constructive to address possible solutions.

I have no doubt, that plenty of people can defend themselves. That’s easy. When you’re defending yourself the gun is pointing away from you. But in a crowd I seriously doubt most can defend themselves without causing collateral damage.

If the NRA was really behind mental health issues maybe they would consider donating some money to the cause instead of buying off politicians. It would be great PR and a way of putting your money where their mouth is.

Sorry for the epically long posts folks. I’m sitting in a blind right now and the action is SSSLLLLLOOOWWW.

I had to edit.

Come on Andy. Nobody is that naive. The issue you skirt is a call for a change to the 2nd Amendment. Surely you didn’t miss that. What else does your qssertion that the NRA needs to reassess gun issues mean? Why do do you skirt around the topic? You claim you’ll call bs yet you hide behind statements meant to disguise your intent or beliefs.

Human caused death will never cease. Freedoms come with a price. Yes, we should work to eliminate mass murder as much as possible. But, blaming the NRA and their stance isn’t going to fix the problems. No matter how convenient it is to do so.

Only someone living in a fairy land will think mental health issues is going to help any. The people who commit these acts aren't interested in mental health issues. They just want to kill kids to get a moment in the limelight.

Life Member NRA, Screw YETI and there over priced products.

LB-your last post came up while I was typing.

Chicago is rough. I’m just stating the facts...and probably getting too literal. It is good to hear your cc experience has been better than mine. I run with a pretty gun friendly crowd. I am probably one of the few guys I know that doesn’t have a cc. Even so, I’d trust maybe 2-3 of those friends to keep a level head if the situation was to arise that they needed to use their gun. I am not a big fan of cc only because I don’t think a lot of cc holders understand the gravity of why they have a cc. Of course, some do. I see too many guys with a cc that wear it like it’s a fashion accessory. Putting mass shootings aside, in a confrontation, guns change the dynamic and as has happened many times, what one person sees as self defense and a justification for shooting someone, hind sight shows the shooting to be excessive force and an over reaction. I have no issue with handguns. I personally would rather shoot a rifle any day and everyday over a handgun, but that’s just a matter of personal taste not some moral statement.

Let me ask you this totally hypothetical question: if there were Zero guns, as in nobody in the US had access to a gun NOBODY, would there be gun violence? Obviously the answer is no. This is the argument that the far left likes to use to try to justify gun bans. The NRA’s arguement is just as rediculous but 180 degrees different. Their arguement is if everybody has a gun then there will be no gun crime because it’s almost like all the guns will cancel each other out.

There are a lot of comments on this thread about how guys don’t approve of everything the NRA does but you support them anyway, I hope you let them know what you don’t support otherwise you just doing your diligence and sending in a check only reinforces their causes, whether you like them or not.

Wild1-Are you serious? Arming teachers was practically the top story of any news organization for at least a week and maybe more. Discussions of this came directly out of Trump’s mouth.

According to left-wing Politico, "mass public shootings" are occurring at the same rate as during the 80's and '90s. What has changed are two major factors - the 24-7 amplification by news media and social media, and the Obama executive directive in 2013 which redefined the criteria for "mass shootings" to make it seem like there are more.

I don't agree with everything the NRA stands for, but they are the only organization dedicated to honest dialogue about firearms issues. That tends to piss some people off.

"I know a fair number of teachers and I can honestly say at least 90% of them would not be fit to neutralize a shooter in the event of a crisis situation like a mass shooting."

10% would be plenty.

If there were no guns would there be gun violence? Yes, it would be criminal scumbags shooting law abiding citizens. Drugs are illegal in the USA however we seem to have a huge number of addicts and people dying from overdoses. It shouldn't be happening, because heroin is illegal, right? 20 years ago police did not carry AR's in thier cars, The only reason they started to carry them is because criminals started to carry them. So, if bad guys have them and the police have them then why shouldn't good law abiding citizens have them if they choose to?

One thing left out of the discussion: Never in the history of our country, has an anti-gun organization or individual ever said "I we pass this set of 'common sense' regulations, we will go away, disband, leave lawful gun owners alone".

Never has, never will.

Most of these mass shootings are done by "lawful gun owners". If I need to protect myself, will it be against an illegal gun owner, or a legal gun owner ... what are the odds?

Jaq,

"One thing left out of the discussion: Never in the history of our country, has an anti-gun organization or individual ever said "I we pass this set of 'common sense' regulations, we will go away, disband, leave lawful gun owners alone"."

Game. Set. Match.

If I understand the statements in this thread correctly, I'd have to guess that the Yeti haters here send most of their discretionary income to the NRA as it really is your responsibility to do so. I think I'll write a scathing letter to some of these deadbeat companies, like Baskin & Robbins, McDonalds, and maybe the ol' Burger King guy, and hammer them, cuz I heard they don't send money, or give free chit, to the NRA.

Freakin' lemmings , where's the nearest cliff?

TD's embedded Photo

Instead of "Gun Free Zones" they need to just put a sign up that says "Defenseless Victim Zone". It is exactly what they are. I do not recall a single one of these shooting events that were NOT in gun free zones. Mostly these monsters are cowards. You don't see this stuff going on at gun shows or police stations......

Yet some still stick with their fantasy and demand MORE gun free zones....... because someone armed and able to defend doesn't "feel" right in their fantasy and "sends the wrong message". They don't really want an answer or any real solutions because they refuse to consider most that would actually work. They do however want to feel good about themselves.......they care.....

Just pass a law that says it's illegal to shoot each other since more laws are the answer to mass shootings. Wait...what?

If it weren't for the NRA, you would not be able to legally possess a gun. If you think gun control works, tell me how it is working in Chicago. Now do you really want to tell me who the lemming is?

Do the math. 5 Million NRA members, means 295 million non-NRA members. If you were a business, which side offers the most customers? When NRA stops supporting assault rifles I might consider renewing membership. Did NRA thank Yeti for those years of support, or just complain when they changed their business model?

AndyJ's Supporting Link

"I have a friend like andy who also thinks other people should do their thinking for them."

Get over yourself OH. I know lots of blowhards like you, whose minds are neatly packaged in a tiny little boxes but think they have it all figured out. I for one like open and civil debate as is mostly happening here. If you can't handle someone thinking differently than you, find another forum.

"If there were no guns would there be gun violence? Yes, it would be criminal scumbags shooting law abiding citizens."

LB-you did exactly what I was trying to avoid. The question was what if nobody had a gun? Not law-abiding citizens or criminals. The reality is, that isn't possible, which is what makes the argument banning guns totally irrelevant.

"If it weren't for the NRA, you would not be able to legally possess a gun."

Mad Trapper-If you truly believe that, the NRA has done a wonderful job of advertising.

I included a video that is exactly the type of garbage propaganda that makes me dislike the NRA.

What is an assault rifle? I have a scoped 30-06 that could be considered a sniper rifle? Just curious....who decides what is what?

""One thing left out of the discussion: Never in the history of our country, has an anti-gun organization or individual ever said "I we pass this set of 'common sense' regulations, we will go away, disband, leave lawful gun owners alone"."

Death by 1000 cuts.

"When NRA stops supporting assault rifles I might consider renewing membership."

Define 'assault rifle'.

AndyJ's Supporting Link

Stix-When I was a member, they seemed like way more of an educational organization. Check out my link a couple posts up. When the NRA has decided to take more of a militant tone they became the villain. Honestly, they play the villain pretty well.

"Fact is, they don't "buy" any politicians with campaign contributions, but they do contribute to politicians that share the same views as their membership. Big difference between the two."

There is? How? Explain that walk back Donald Trump had to do when he went so anti-gun that even liberals sounded concerned. Two days later after some conversations with other politicians and Wayne LaPierre, Trump is call LaPierre a great American patriot or something. I attached the link incase some of you just tune in to fox. Fox chose to gloss over that story. The NRA doesn't make a anti-gun politician a pro-gun politician, which is what I think you are saying, but they make sure once they get their hooks in you, you stay the course.

as·sault ri·fle. .

NOUN .

a rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use

Lucky for me NONE of my AR (ARmalite Rifles)-15's were designed for infantry use. Mine were all designed to kill coyotes. (whew)

Seriously...There are HUNDREDS of makes of firearms of what one MIGHT be considered assault rifles. Within those makes there are probably THOUSANDS of models. Throwing a broad brush stroke statement like "When NRA stops supporting assault rifles I might consider renewing membership." Is simply an uneducated response/decision.

Andyj, exactly , your question is fantasy, the reality is that we have guns and if they are outlawed to law abiding folks then we become sheep to the criminals. So, guns are here to stay and the NRA is doing everything they can to ensure that right , what are you doing to help? join up, disagree when you like but at least join for the major reason the NRA exsists.

Bullhound, I'll just call BS on you lemming statement.

Kota-man,

you are correct. never has there been a military that utilized the AR15 for its forces. If we cannot quit calling a black gun, that doesn't look like your average deer gun, an "Assault Rifle" for no reason, how the hell can we even discuss anything with the other side without looking like idiots?

This hand wringing and uproar over a freakin business decision that did NOT affect the NRA only is laughable at best. I am not against the NRA in any way, shape, or form. But to fall into this bullchit business of slamming a company, ANY company, because they don't give discounts or free stuff to ANY of your favorite organizations or lobbyist is about lame as anything the libtards have pulled.

I find it funny as hell that nobody has stepped up to say "sure I send almost all my discretionary income to the NRA". It's real friggin easy to spend someone else dollars that isn't coming out of your pocket isn't it! Pretty high on that pedestal I'd say.

LB, Call BS all you want. You give all your discretionary money to the NRA??? How many vendors in the Yeti program got the same treatment the the NRA did? You want to call bs, bring on the facts, not just spewing the same old crap.

Again, I'm as Pro 2nd Amendment as you'll find, but this YETI discussion has nothing to do with that. So did Yeti not come out publicly more than once and reiterate that they firmly support our 2nd Amendment rights?

"Don't worry andy.... I've been knife free since 5/1/2018 @ 12:47pm MT. You are safe now." OH-That's very reassuring.

"I cannot fathom how any sportsman, furthermore any intelligent gun owner, can be so naive to think an entity such as the NRA has done nothing to preserve their right. Talk about taking for granted."

I don't take it for granted. I did support them for a long time and if they reel in their militant, ultra aggressive message, I would again. Currently the NRA is one small step from being a political party. I do however, belong to other hunting and conservation organizations that IMO, are much better representatives for hunters and hunting.

"I have to ask, andy, would you vote for hillary again?"

I didn't the first time and wouldn't if given the option again.

" I cannot understand why anyone [here] would be anti-NRA."

You're right, anti-NRA is strong wording, I very strongly disagree with how they do business at the moment, but anti probably isn't accurate.

BH: "I'd have to guess that the Yeti haters here send most of their discretionary income to the NRA as it really is your responsibility to do so." LOL! It was my choice! My only responsibility is to my family, and I'm responsible to obey whatever laws are in the books. Now the rest of the government is obliged to do the same. Yet, there are all those damn fools out there who ignore LAWS and take them into their own hands, sometimes at the expense of LIVES (read Bengazi), and as well, risk our Nation's security by pumping 30K emails worth of classified material to some foreign country (read Russia) for their own edification tin an attempt to become our NEXT crook in the White house-president, all with the support of the previous criminal. And there are all the damn fools that support them, who by guilt of association, are pretty much criminals as well, in a sense harboring criminals with their lies, deceit, and votes. Now, if I have a Constitutional RIGHT that protects me, and I obey the law, that right is afforded to me to NOT BE INFRINGED. NRA is the one and only entity there to fight to keep that RIGHT in place. And I got a $1000.00 life membership for $200.00 during one of their promotions when they were trying to boost membership and fight off Obama's advances. It worked didn't it? What a bargain! Now who is to say how I spend my money? I could go out and buy some uranium and then give it to Russia...People who support the NRA are the ones who kept that crook out of the White House, you should be! I guess that's why you love Yeti!

Hasn't this poor horse dead yet? Sure is beaten to death many times over.

Squeaky wheel syndrome. It works.

TrapperKayak,

huh?

By: Bake

I didn't read all the posts. I just didn't feel like it. I will say that I am a life member of the NRA and will continue to support them.

Besides the fact that I want to support them, I also like to piss off a liberal, which made my $500 life membership fee really worth it :)

Giving all your discretionary income to the NRA? Who said anything about that? Members give what they can, and the more members we have the better. Yeti wasn't giving anything other than discount to the NRA. The fault lies with yeti for cutting ties and not giving the reason of why they were stopping thier program. Also, broke a 7 yr deal with the NRA. The excuse or reason came after the blow up so yeti did it to themselves, and the media was out reporting that yeti was cutting ties with the NRA, damage done. NRA lobby's just like all the rest, and the more money they give the more power. So for the guys who claim to be pro 2nd amendment and aren't NRA members, tell me what you do to protect that right?

You really think that anyone here that is not frying Yeti is not a member of the NRA? You don't think we can be members of the NRA, and for a long time, but not see Yeti as doing anything specifically wrong here? Lemming alert!

How many companies or organizations were affected by this business decision of Yeti's? How many of them are bashing the hell out of Yeti? While I support the NRA, they come off as trying to bully someone that made a business decision. The NRA's business model is flawed in my opinion. If someone has been donating to you for years, and they decide to stop, or cut back, why would you publicly flog the hell out of them, thereby removing any potential future contributions?

Again, use some FACTS LB. Not just spewing crap about the NRA saving our rights. Give some facts about what YETI DID to take away those rights.

Either give some real facts here or go find that cliff...............

It is political. If the yeti decision was strictly a business decision...... then it was a clueless and stupid decision WRT the timing and pretty much everything about it. The media itself were the ones to immediately portray it as "NRA losing support!" as it fits their urban anti-gun bias. BAD business decision by Yeti..... others made very good business decisions. You think Pelican picked up sales by directly aligning with the NRA? Or lost business because of that alignment? Reality is reality, no matter how someone wants it not to be. It is a highly charged POLITICAL fight going on right now. To ignore that is literally to ignore reality.

It is political. If they aren't involved in the politics then we are lost. They don't so much "buy off" politicians as they use their membership numbers (and their willingness to jump into the fight and be active) as the leverage to be taken very seriously by those in power faced with liberal anti-gun groups on one side and gun owners..... constitutional conservatives on the other. Not only do you have to be political..... you have to be good at it. AND have the power to back up your words.

If SCI and other sportsmen's groups are not political we will lose our hunting to the anti-hunters as well. "why does everything get so political?" I hear people lament...... it doesn't have to honestly..... up until the point people start telling you that you have to give up some of YOUR rights, some of YOUR privileges...... by law. THEN it gets political. Always.

Saw the clip Andy. Have to say I pretty much approve of that message. Those are the EXACT people the NRA have to fight against to keep our rights. They portray the NRA and gun owners as child killing monsters and supporters of such monsters. If all folks want to do is look at the ground and shuffle their feet and ignore that then all is lost.

Lou...... ""One thing left out of the discussion: Never in the history of our country, has an anti-gun organization or individual ever said "I we pass this set of 'common sense' regulations, we will go away, disband, leave lawful gun owners alone"."

mike drop. spot on. It's why you don't give not even an inch anymore. We have all the "common sense" gun laws there are right now. More will only further infringe on the RIGHTS of law abiding citizens who chose to own them be it for defense or sport.

Cancelling a 7 year deal that yeti had with the NRA.

Canceling a cooler discount program used by 300 organizations and moving them to another program affected the nra's ability to defend our 2nd amendment rights??

Date:02-May-18

What TD said x 2. Andy and all you NRA bashers, when you can effectively explain to me why all of the current gun laws in Chicago will just work better when we ban AR's, then I will listen. Just a couple more laws you say. Then it will turn to pocket knives. No way you say. Just look at London. More murders than NYC. You may say that I drank the NRA coolaid but let me suggest to you my friend, the coolaid that you and some others on this thread is much more potent and dangerous. I will continue to support the NRA. As to Yetti, I am not sure what to believe. If this is just a miscommunication like some Yetti sponsored sportsmen contend, then I would have thought that they would have done a much better job of getting it cleared up.

You people are freaking insane, you can’t even stay on the topic without falling back to regurgitating a bunch of propaganda and platitudes.

I was never an NRA supporter until after Parkland. I'm a huge gun advocate, but I'm strictly a traditional bow hunter. I'm now an NRA member because I see that they're finally fighting the battle I want them to, they're finally fighting the leftist commie bastards at their level, and the NRA is winning. The NRA and it's members aren't just a bunch of lip flappers like the left, we follow through.

“First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out— Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out— Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out— Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.” ? Pastor Martin Niemöller

One of my favorite quotes, and sheds alot of light on what happens when we all divide ourselves into different factions, when in reality, we're all in this together. Doesn't matter how you feel about crossbows, AR's, or overpriced coolers, understand this is the long game being played by the folks who want to strip us of ALL our freedoms, and the right to protect ourselves from THEM!

BH, I said basically this: 'So for the guys who claim to be pro 2nd amendment and aren't NRA members, tell me what you do to protect that right?' , only LB said it better.

Date:03-May-18

Well it looks like this thread is over, no action on it for a few days. I'm just disappointed that the non NRA members couldn't come up with what they do to try and preserve our 2nd amendment. Maybe you at least could thank us that do what we can for you to be able to keep your guns.

They hope. That's it.

The non NRA members don't do anything to help keep the 2nd Amendment rights. All they do is complain about nothing and are too cheap to pay the NRA small yearly dues. But do I think the non NRA guys are sure glad that that their 2nd amendment rights are still there. Which is the work of the NRA.

NRA Life Member and proud of it. Every male in our family is a NRA Life Member.

We non-NRA members do not blindly support an organization just because it is the largest pro-gun group. I was a 30+ year member until they decided to promote crossbows into archery-only hunting seasons. It was a deal-breaker for me.

Non-NRA members......please name one other pro 2A organization that sits in Washington D.C. everyday, and gives all legal gun owners (that's you) a voice, and prevents the eradication of your gun rights overnight with the passage of some bull$hit piece of legislation?

Ollie, I understand you being ticked off at the NRA position in crossbows. I was ticked at them and let my memebership lapse for a few years. However, my one or two issues I disagreed with them on didn't out weight the core objective of what they do, and that's saving our rights to bleep arms, period. Stay ticked st them for the crossbow issue, but your name on the memebers role adds power to the organization, and that's what we need when we talk to legislators. The same anti gun folks are the same ones who want to ban hunting, so maybe it's time to get back in the fight.

Wow...anyway, as far as alternatives, I recommend Canyon coolers, but I also have a Grizzly cooler with built in shelves for frozen dividers that are very handy. WalMart has Ozark coolers that look look very capable. I have to lock my Canyon and Grizzly coolers up at camp...coolers have become too much of a theft issue, now had sad is stealing another man's cooler...and I usually don't even have a six pack inside!

Date:04-May-18

Springfield armory cuts ties with Dicks , kudos to Springfield!!!

How much better are any of these expensive cooler than say a coleman extreme? I've had 12 elk and one deer stored in the same four coleman extreme coolers. Meat has been stored for up to a week in 70-90 degree temps and I've never lost an ounce to spoilage. I can also leave them in the back of my pickup truck in plain view for days while I'm out hunting and not worry that I'm going to be out $1200 if they get stolen.

A little off topic Andyj, but the Coleman Extreme is about the best value there is in a cooler. They may not be the same as one of the big roto molded type coolers, but they are close enough for me at a fraction of the cost.

Now, back to topic: Did anyone else get a letter from Boone and Crockett yesterday soliciting funds for their conservation efforts (I believe it was the "Trailblazer Program")? Donate $300 and get a free Yeti...I thought the timing of this promotion was CRAZY for B&C...

Kota X 2. I did buy a blow molded cooler though. Caught it on sale and after watching the reviews of it holding ice for 7 days in 90 plus degree sunlight in Florida, decided to give it a try. It was the same cost as the Coleman extreme marine version. So, I thought I’d give it a whirl. Lifetime out of Utah makes them. It’s done excellent. But, so has my Coleman extremes. They will keep ice for almost as long. They are the best bang for the buck.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.