bdfrd24v 27-Sep-17
BagginBigguns 27-Sep-17
ScottG 27-Sep-17
t-roy 28-Sep-17
happygolucky 28-Sep-17
sagittarius 28-Sep-17
scentman 29-Sep-17

Date:26-Sep-17

I'm a first time food plotter. I new absolutely nothing about food plots. Then I meet John at GRO. Talk to him about plots and I did what I was told. Fast forward to today. When I planted my plot i used GRO grains and Greens and inner sanctum. A friend of mine was sceptical about using GRO because he never heard of them. So he made me plant some maufactor X seed, who they are doesn't matter. The results are what matters. Grains grew to 16" tall. Deer then just hammered it. Maufactor X zero. They haven't touched it. And where it's planted is in a drout right now grains is perfectly green, X is not fairing so well. For me it's 100% GRO. GRO what I seen was well beyond my expectations. Thank you GRO..

Good job Scott. You made a great choice for sure, good luck!

drycreek's embedded Photo

Mass Builder planted in a plot drier than a popcorn , .....well, pretty dry. I need some rain badly !

drycreek's embedded Photo

Inner Sanctum planted in the woods. I got an inch on this about three days before this pic, but I could use some more.

Scratch that ! This pic was taken before the rain. Forgot to get a pic after. It looks mo' betta now !

bdfrd24v's embedded Photo

Frosty delight broadcast into some beans that the deer had eaten hard.

I've had excellent results with all of the GRO seeds I purchased this year. Got some sound advice from John and another gentleman as well. Glad to see others are having good results as well.

Date:27-Sep-17

GRO products are top notch i will agree! Mine haven't done so well this year. Its been very dry at my place in the Southerntier of NY. The little rain we got, helped my GRO plots slightly but its dry dry. Probably one of the worse years I've had for plots.

What has helped me greatly this year with the dry conditions is leaving the dead duff layer of on the top of the soil and rolling the seed in before good rains.. The results are like night and day with these dry conditions.

Now here's my other dilemma, how do you guys get into your food plots to hunt? Deer are on my plot before light. And how do you get down out of tree at night? I can see this being a problem.

I usually try to hunt the travel routes to and from the food and bedding. If I hunt over a plot it will be for an evening hunt. No good way in the morning as the deer are already there. You can always do a snort weeze, grunt a few times, or coyote howl to clear a field. Also if someone else is around just have them drive a truck or atv in to get you. Deer are used to that sort of Thing for the most part

Would you guys recommend spreading straw over the top of freshly seeded plots? I'm tempted to try this on my rye/turnips/radishes that I planted 25 days ago. It hasn't rained a single drop (nothing has germinated), and I just started irrigating on Monday this week. I'm able to put down 1/4" of water per day over the area I'm watering (with a pump, sprinklers and water tank). Thinking straw might help hold moisture and further the benefit of my watering. Thoughts? No hijack intended here.

I don't think it would hurt. I use hay in my garden around my tomato plants. Would probably be best after germination though. Also, use marsh hay, field hay has too much seed in it and you get unwanted weeds.

By: t-roy
Date:28-Sep-17

How big is the plot, Baggin?

I've used a handful of John's GRO products as well and have had great results. He is a wealth of knowledge.

BagginBigguns: "It hasn't rained a single drop (nothing has germinated), and I just started irrigating on Monday this week. I'm able to put down 1/4" of water per day over the area I'm watering (with a pump, sprinklers and water tank). Thinking straw might help hold moisture and further the benefit of my watering. "

1/4" water on a 1/4 acre is about 1697 gallons. Since you already started watering you can skip the straw. If you water a few more times between now and Monday you should be fine.

Date:29-Sep-17

That is a great pic and what a trophy buck!

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.