t-roy 10-Aug-17
walking buffalo 10-Aug-17
nutritionist 17-Aug-17
t-roy 04-Mar-20
Missouribreaks 04-Mar-20
DeerNut 06-Mar-20

Date:10-Aug-17

nutritionist's MOBILE embedded Photo

Here is some pictures of habitat. This is a client who was a national tree farm of the year once upon a time. The DNR are collaring deer on this property for research and we have tons of big deer because they have food, water and shelter.

The first pic is of a firebreak mix. I'll post more pictures of the photoshoot.

pollinator mix

crp on left, my new 3x mix in the middle and a deer and bird mix on the right

short grass habitat

deer and bird

Why do they collar the deer? One place I hunt Ear tags a few fawns each year to see where they are when they die. Furthest so far is 14 miles away.

Tracking movement I would imagine Charlie. Pretty interesting some of these tracking studies. Makes you wonder how we ever ever manage to kill one.

By: t-roy

What type of flower in the pollinator mix is that, John? I see it in my CRP field but don't know what it is.

t-roy,

My guess is Wild Bergamot, also called Horsemint.

I wonder if this is a domesticated variant or the "real thing"?

Date:17-Aug-17

DNR are collaring deer on that farm to measure deer movement patterns. It also is in the heart of cwd zone and so if an collared deer dies, they can find it and do the research.

The 3 mixes on the farm are the cp2, the cp25 and the cp42 "pollinator". Most don't know this but i sell probably more nrcs mixes than all other seed combined and that is saying a lot. I have some large projects that i provide native grasses and wildflowers for.

Foxglove beardstonge wild bergemont golden alexanders yellow coneflower purple prairie clover prairie blazingstar rattlesnake ster new england aster stiff goldenrod blue aster

By: t-roy
Date:04-Mar-20

^^^Truer words were never spoken!

Date:04-Mar-20

Good thread, habitat improvement is so important for wildlife, and pollinators. Even 1/4 acre will help, all outdoor enthusiasts should do their part.

Date:06-Mar-20

That´s beautiful!

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.