Southeast Kansas Food Plots
Food Plots
Messages posted to thread:
Owl's Nest 30-Jul-17
XMan 30-Jul-17
MDW 31-Jul-17
MK111 31-Jul-17

Date:30-Jul-17

Hey Guys I am new here. I want to plant some new food plots on my property in Southeast Kansas. The goal is to have maximum effect in November and December but early results would be great too. I am surrounded by agriculture - corn and soy beans. Deer bed on my property due to the cover. The areas I want to plant are open native grass areas along the wooded areas and heavy cover areas. The plots will be small and geared toward stand placement. What suggestions do you have for how and what to plant?

Thanks!

By: XMan
Date:30-Jul-17

I would plant winter wheat, clover, Austrian peas, and a brassica blend. Gets them all season long.

By: MDW
Date:31-Jul-17

I will be planting winter wheat, daikon radishes and some beans around the end of August. It will be the only green stuff in a three mile circle. Have pic's of 20+ bucks in one snap. Have an acre of good looking clover in the creek bottom for the past five years

By: MK111
Date:31-Jul-17

My farm adjoins a 110 ac horse hay baling operation with multiple waste brush and gullies. I had to draw the deer off the hay fields to my property. I planted 3 ac of clover, forage oats and a leafy blend of turnips and radish. I planted the food plot and the deer come year round to feed. Where the does are the bucks will come looking. Plant something different and the deer will flock to it but maybe slowly at first as they have to learn that new plats are good to feed on.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.