Habitat for Wildlife 09-Jul-17
Habitat for Wildlife 09-Jul-17
Habitat for Wildlife 12-Jul-17
t-roy 12-Jul-17
RutnStrut 12-Jul-17
Habitat for Wildlife 13-Jul-17

Date:01-Jul-17

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo

I could not find this old thread. We documented our habitat projects we did on the three acres we live on in a rural development.

Our lot is pie shaped with the wide base on a downhill slope dumping into a creek drainage.

1.5 acres was planted into native grasses and forbs, with white and red oak surrounding it.

Wanted to share some recent pictures. I am on my phone but when I go in later I will post a trail cam picture of a doe with her 2 fawns. For the better part of ten years a doe has always kept one fawn on our property for a time period right after birth.

One thing we are very happy with.. The trees along the creek are mostly elm, hackberry, wild cherry, cottonwood and a few walnut. There were no oaks. Now there are saplings of oaks mixed in, no doubt from the acorns our trees have produced.

The Big Bluestem is really putting on seed heads right now. This is my favorite variety at this time. The Indian Grass will take a little longer, but is hard to beat for looks in the Fall.

Here is the doe with two fawns. I started catching a fawn on camera about 6/10. Date on camera is not correct. I use my best cameras at the farm.

Sorry, I never get tired of sharing these small "victories". Also, I realize many think some of us do "habitat management" as a way to making hunting better. I am of the mindset that I really don't own the land, the title obligates me to be a good steward until I can no longer do so properly.

Date:09-Jul-17

The big Bluestem is going crazy!

Date:09-Jul-17

Date:12-Jul-17

This guy started showing up daily about 1 week ago and since then the fawns have only been out after dark. Fairly good size yote IMO, height-wise.

By: t-roy

Looks like he needs a lead implant!

Very nice work. You better take out that yote though.

Date:13-Jul-17

Thanks. Amazing how they know a food source is near. I see the same pattern each year. The fawns usually survive.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.