bdfrd24v 06-Jun-17
bdfrd24v 06-Jun-17
bdfrd24v 07-Jun-17
Habitat for Wildlife 08-Jun-17
bucktail 08-Jun-17
bdfrd24v 08-Jun-17
sagittarius 08-Jun-17

Date:06-Jun-17

So this year I took my first foray into soybeans. I have a few acres of round up ready soybeans and I'm just about ready to spray for the first time after emergence. Plants are in that 3 to 5 inch range right now. My question is am I good to go ahead and spray now and also what kind of tire damage am I gonna be looking to in my plot with an ATV sprayer As I broadcast the beans since I had no planter.

By: t-roy

Are your plots pretty weedy? If not, you could hold off spraying another week or so before you spray. That way you could possibly get by with only spraying your beans once instead of maybe having to spray twice. When your beans get taller and canopy out, they will shade out a lot of the new weeds.

As far as crop damage goes, you're going to crush some bean plants, just no way around it, unless you have a buddy that owns a crop duster. Some of the plants may survive, though.

It ain't a big deal if you have a good crop of beans. I broadcast, and I've sprayed many times, beans and peas. Yeah, you're gonna mash some, but not as bad as you might think.

Ok well that's some good news about crushing damage. I'm not too weedy yet at all. Half the plot is ideal. Other end has some grass and thistles that I want to get after. Those things are a serious nuisance.

I'm shocked at how nice everything is coming up so far. Of course it's been pretty rainy so that helped a lot. Should have taken some pictures today but completely forgot

Ok well that's some good news about crushing damage. I'm not too weedy yet at all. Half the plot is ideal. Other end has some grass and thistles that I want to get after. Those things are a serious nuisance.

I'm shocked at how nice everything is coming up so far. Of course it's been pretty rainy so that helped a lot. Should have taken some pictures today but completely forgot

Date:07-Jun-17

Any other advice on the best time to spray for weedsat this point?

Date:08-Jun-17

Normal patterns of weather, the farmer I use sprays 21 days after emergence. Good luck.

Are those RR beans you planted?

Yes they are roundup ready beans.

Remember you are spraying the weeds and grass. Spray when the weeds and grass are 1-3" tall. Yes, you do have to factor in your bean density and your type of sprayer/axel height, and will the spray reach the weeds and grass .... but the goal is to get an effective spray on the weeds and grass. It is better to do 2 - 1qt per acre sprayings on 1" weeds, than 1 - 2qt per acre spraying on 3" to 10" weeds. But with time, weather, equip issues, ya do what ya can.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.