Bowhuntingboy 05-May-17
Michael Schwister 08-May-17
Bowhuntingboy 08-May-17
Bowhuntingboy 08-May-17
Bowhuntingboy 21-May-17
Bowhuntingboy 21-May-17
Bowhuntingboy 21-May-17

Date:23-Apr-17

Hi, I am doing two small plots, .3 and .2 acres. They will have evolved harvest mega plot and clover crush planted in spring and 7 card stud and biologic outfitters blend in fall. Mainly oats and clover with other things mixed, unstead of a tiller or disc, we areusing a tine cultivator with 5 shanks. We will most likely spray GLYSOPHATE. Has anyone ever planted birdseed? It always makes corn and sunflowers grow under our feeder.

Date:24-Apr-17

Ive planted black oil sunflower seeds for birds. worked great

Date:02-May-17

I am still wondering what people think.

Date:05-May-17

I have no background in those products. What seed do they contain? Are they roundup ready? Are you broadcasting after tillage? DO you have a culti packer? What is the soil PH? Have you done a soil test?

If you do not have big farm equipment stay AWAY from sunflowers. I have a 60 hp MFWD tractor, chisel plow, 20" notched blade disc, heavy brush hog mower, grain drill, culti-packer etc, and getting rid of sunflower stalks is a nightmare for me!! Like having miles of rope laying around the field. A stalk chopper is needed and I do not have one (although there is one laying around the home farm somewhere). Deer eat the young sunflowers a little, but once they head out the bears and turkeys come out of the woodwork (mid summer). And nothing but a mess to try to till under in prep for fall

Not doing birdseed, just wondering. The blends contain mainly oats, tritacle, clover,turnips, some winter peas,very little chicory and radish. Gonna plant some now and some in summer/fall

Date:08-May-17

I would plant that blend after 15 august. Plant something else now like buckwheat, then broadcast and mow the BW fairly low

Already planted it all. Will buymore of different stuff this fall.

Probably will plant shot plot this fall, you left good reviews on that, I will probably also plant some co op seed and maybe antler king honey hole.

Date:21-May-17

Hi,since I already planted most of tha(still some left for fall), I am going to buy 5 lbs of turnips and 5 lbs of radishes for fall to mix with that what should I plant as a mid summer reseed, soybeans, clover? I am in mn and am looking to reseed june and again in august. I wont be getting rid of my original seeding, it is coming up good.

Buying from hancock by the way for the turnips, radishes. Will buy from them or any of the other companies that are relatively cheap that would work for june reseed.

Never mind

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.