Bowman 18-Apr-17
Bowhuntingboy 18-Apr-17
Bowman 18-Apr-17
Bowhuntingboy 18-Apr-17
MK111 18-Apr-17
nutritionist 22-Apr-17
Bowhuntingboy 22-Apr-17

Date:17-Apr-17

Hi, I know how yall feel about mixes, but I have already heard it and already bought the stuff and I think it will do good. What do you think of evolved 7 card stud, 10 lbs of that, bio logic outfitters blend, 22 lbs of that, evolved mega plot, 60 lbs of that, and then 2 lbs of evolved clover crush. I dont want to here about how bad mixes are, if they fail, you were right, I just want you to look at the blends and tell me what you think. I am in mn.

Might also try birdseed, always grows really well when it falls out of the feeder. Lol

I've had great luck with blends.

By: Bowman

Are these for separate plots or you going to combine them? How many acres? When are you planting? What are you expecting from the cereals if planted now? Will you mow the cereals?

I am going to combine them and most likely do an acre to 1.5 acres. Probably plant in mid may. Wont be mowing. Just spraying glysophate, discing, and then planting.

By: RIT

That's way too much seed for 1.5 acres

Yuppers

Date:18-Apr-17

Looks like mostly oats and triticale. Better to wait until the end of summer/early fall. Don't expect much from the brassicas. If your pH is right, you might have a nice clover plot next year. You probably have enough seed for 2 acres, depending on how much of your blends are grains and peas. If you plant in may, there's a chance the deer will wipe out the cereals and your turnips and radishes could have a chance. Nothing against blends, but they usually have a bunch of seeds that are best sowed at different times and compete with each other for resources.

How did your plot work out last year?

If my math is right, you have enough seed for 2.5 acres. 7 Card Stud - .25 acre. Outfitter's Blend - .5 acre. 3 bags Mega Plot - 1.5 acre. Clover Crush - .25 acre.

What i was planning on doing is planting mega plot and clover crish first, then plant everything else late summer in the same plot.

That sounds better than combining and a single planting. How did your plot do last year?

Didn't have much of a plot last year. It was a ten by ten area where we raked, threw seed, and everything came up lush. Last year we used different mixes from evolved. It's good soil, there is years worth of rotted grass in it.

By: MK111

I can buy Evolved products at delaer cost from our dist. I used 7 Card Stud my 1st year planting food plots. Wasn't too impressed and never used it again. Now I use WTI forage Oats and Granpa's Ray turnip and clover seed.

Date:22-Apr-17

Most people overlook blending percentages. Maybe this is a topic ill post on.

Date:22-Apr-17

Its mainly oats in all of my mixes, with other small percetnages

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.