pav 16-Apr-17
test1 17-Apr-17
Buffalo1 17-Apr-17
r-man 17-Apr-17
Ollie 17-Apr-17
Michael Schwister 18-Apr-17
drycreek 18-Apr-17

Date:15-Apr-17

Hello I have heard that you can use dawn dish soap instead of crop oil with clethodim to help it stick to the grass. Has anybody tried this. Thanks Jeff W.

Date:15-Apr-17

I use the cheapest liquid detergent I can find. Never had any problems.

Date:16-Apr-17

What in the world are you talking about?

By: kyrob

Clethodim will kill grass but not clover or chicory. A surfactant needs to be added to many herbicides to enable it to attach to the grass and get a better kill. Dish soap serves this purpose on the cheap and works.

By: pav

We used Joy dish washing liquid for a few years, but eventually switched to crop oil. Better results and the tank doesn't foam up after the first application.

By: test1
Date:17-Apr-17

+1 Pav, crop oil is cheap and doesn't foam up.

As Prissy told Ms Scarlet in Gone With the Wind, " I don't know nothing about birthing no baby!"

By: r-man

unless you have a defoamer to add the dish soap with cause some serious foam . Laundry detergent is better , and some degreasers work great .

By: Ollie

Crop oil is pretty cheap. I don't know why you would use dish soap instead unless you have to spray and can't wait to get the crop oil.

Date:18-Apr-17

Ditto on crop oil. Go with labeled rate and formulation and you won't go wrong

Date:18-Apr-17

I don't use dish detergent, made that mistake....once. Laundry detergent is cheap, you can get it anywhere, and it works. I've used crop oil, but it's hard to find locally for me, and I can't see any added benefit. This ain't farm country, it's pine tree country.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.