Spraying clover-chicory-alfalfa plot ?
Food Plots
Messages posted to thread:
Mountaineer 06-Apr-17
Mountaineer 06-Apr-17
Killbuck 06-Apr-17

Date:06-Apr-17

From mid-February to mid-March I frost seeded several hidey hole plots of clover & chicory and also included alfalfa in a couple of them. I know that the clover & alfalfa can withstand 24db but the chicory cannot, and even new clover seedlings can be damaged by it as well.

I want to spray those this weekend and my question is should the chicory have germinated by now? I'm in the Kanawha-Ohio River Valley area of western WV weather wise. Each plot has an abundance of grass & new weeds so I cannot identify a chicory seedling from any other weed. I will include cleth for sure but in most of the plots, since they're hidey holes, the weeds are worse than the grass. I want to kill the weeds but really don't want to risk having to re-plant the chicory as these are first year plots.

Should the chicory have germinated yet? Am I safe to include 24db?

Thanks in advance.

Not confident at all, that's why I'm asking. Any idea at what temperature chicory is nearly certain to germinate?

Go to the bank and talk to the loan officer. Then go buy Raptor Herbicide. It will do what you want but is OMG expensive.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.