Killbuck 27-Jan-17
Killbuck 28-Jan-17
LBshooter 28-Jan-17
Killbuck 28-Jan-17
kyrob 28-Jan-17
Bowman 29-Jan-17

By: kyrob
Date:27-Jan-17

Anyone ever use the Rackmaster chicory from Pennington? Says it was developed in New Zealand and just wondering how good it is. Planning on mixing durana and chicory and see how it works. Anyone use these 2 together and what did you think of it? Any better brands available that you have tried?

Thanks,

By: t-roy

Rob,.....check out GrandpaRays outdoors. He's a sponsor on here. He can steer you in the right direction. Very knowledgeable. As far as a chicory-clover mix, if broadleaf weeds are an issue, you won't be able to use 2-4DB to control them. It will kill the chicory.

flyingbrass's embedded Photo

I'm planting 235 pounds of this!

I think it's hard to beat Pennington.

I've planted it 3-4 times....Only thing I ever saw chewing on it were Groundhogs. They loved it.

Date:28-Jan-17

$50.00 is nothing. I plant 5-6 acres and easily spend over $1000.00 a year. Probably more. Don't really want to know. Seed, fertilizer, lime. herbicide, diesel, adds up quick.

Regular clover and the deer love it. You guys have got to stop falling for the high price seeds these companies are marketing.

There's no such thing as Regular Clover. Crimson, White, Med Red, Mammoth, Alsike, Ladino and many others but no Regular!

By: kyrob

The durana clover costs more but if it will last 7 or 8 years, it's well worth it. The chicory is expensive as well but if done right, it will last for several years as well and give the deer some late season forage.

By: Bowman
Date:29-Jan-17

Some info. Another mention of worming properties.

http://www.qdma.ca/en/2014-03-27-13-07-39/what-we-do/food-plots-habitat/126-chicory-a-powerful-perennial

Maybe WINA and 6 point chicory will be addressed in the GRO 2017 trial that the Nutritionist posted on.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.