nutritionist 23-Sep-16
Bowman 30-Jan-17
sagittarius 30-Jan-17
t-roy 30-Jan-17
nutritionist 31-Jan-17
RutnStrut 31-Jan-17
Bowman 31-Jan-17

Date:23-Sep-16

I am already trying to plan my G.R.O. educational plot for 2017. I value all of your input. What forages would you guys like to see tested? What value would you like to get out of my educational plot? What would you all like to learn from mine?

Let me test out forages for you all...

would you guys see any value with side by side of my blends vs the competition?

By: Bowman
Date:30-Jan-17

Yes. On another thread, WINA versus 6 point chicory was mentioned also.

Plantain. Also: Deer preference of one plant over another at different times of the year, in specific areas, and quantity of forage uptake of various plants.

By: t-roy

Deer preferences on one particular soybean variety over another one. (Late season food source).

Cannamaize vs field corn (yield & nutritional value)

Date:31-Jan-17

Bowman.....wina brassica or do they have a specific chicory they push?

sag....that is a great topic. I run a lot of cameras and i'll try to get you all that using visual versus my observations. I can walk people through what i see and give general comments on what deer eat when on my properties and my clients.

T-ROY, there will be soybean trials in the ground so you will see eagles, real worlds, my blend and i'll stick 1 experimental that i think could be really something. And we will be providing you all with cannamaize, soft kernel roundup ready and typical field corn nutritional results.

Not totally your question. But I would love to see more info/product that specializes on poor man plots. Plots and info for those of us that don't have all the full size equipment or could never get the equipment to where we want to plant. Also something for attraction in areas where deer don't eat brassicas.

By: Bowman

This is from Pat Lefimine on another thread.

Never tried Rackmaster Chicory. But I have seen a very real preference priority when it comes to Chicory. I planted WINA and Six Point and there was no comparison. The Six Point was hammered and the WINA was untouched until much later in the season. Remarkable. So I'll be interested to hear your take on it if you try it.

I suggested this as a trial based on his experience.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.