DeerGro Plot Start
Food Plots
Messages posted to thread:
Bauda180 02-Aug-16
Korey Wolfe 02-Aug-16
Big John 03-Aug-16
Bowman 30-Jan-17

Date:02-Aug-16

Has anyone had any experience or know anything about this DeerGro Plotstart spray. Seems very intriguing but at the same time it sounds almost to good to be true! Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Date:02-Aug-16

I used it and it seemed to have worked.

Date:03-Aug-16

I used it last year on a couple of 1/2 acre plots which have pour sandy soil. I have attempted plots in these locations on two other occasions with no success at all. I put down DeerGro as instructed and had two nice plots. I will be using again this year!!!

By: Bowman
Date:30-Jan-17

Still checking. Found very few reviews. I found this.

Deer Gro is NOT a liming product and will not raise the soil pH. I wanted to post up about this because a lot of good people are being scammed.

Deer Gro and AgriCal are both made with Calcium Chloride. Heres a few things you should know about Calcium Chloride:

- Calcium Chloride is merely a cheap, sub par, CHLORIDE BASE calcium fertilizer. - Calcium Chloride is NOT A LIMING PRODUCT. It is not an alkalizer (like Calcium Carbonate) that will neutralize hydrogen in the soil and raise the pH. - Calcium DOES NOT RAISE THE SOIL pH. Don't be fooled into thinking that calcium is the same as limestone. - Its the CARBONATE part of the calcium carbonate molecule in Limestone that neutralizes and raises the pH. The calcium itself has ZERO effect. - Calcium Chloride may have detrimental impacts on the soil and groundwater (per the Technical Advisory Panel - TAP review) - Low levels of chloride can inhibit plant growth, and problems with plants are mostly due to the chloride ion (Reid and Kust, 1992; Greenway and Munns, 1980). - The Calcium Chloride used in AgriCal and Deer Gro is derived from Salt Brines. - The Calcium Chloride obtained from natural salt brines has a significant amount of sodium chloride, usually about 3-4%. Sodium chloride has a high salt index and should not be applied to soil (Rader, et al., 1943). - Salt based fertilizers with high salt index ratings have a negative impact on the soil's pH. - Due to the high salt index and risks of chloride phytotoxicity, Calcium Chloride SHOULD NOT BE APPLIED TO THE SOIL. However, it can be applied to the foliage in very small quantities. But foliar application will yield ZERO soil activity.

It is possible to see positive results with these products.....they do have a purpose. But they are not intended to be applied to the soil and/or to treat low pH. In fact, Calcium Chloride will likely lower the soil's pH and cause environmental harm.

The only reason positive results may be experienced with these products is if a user has a severe calcium deficiency in the soil (NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS LOW PH). In such a case, improved growth may be experienced. However, its also just a likely that NEGATIVE growth may be experienced due to the high salt and chloride levels which further lead to a toxic environment. But its important to note the any positive effects experienced are totally unrelated to pH improvement because Calcium Chloride is not a liming product and its high salt index will likely lower the pH.

I'm posting this because I hate to see people preyed upon by dishonest chemical salesman. The producers of this product know that Calcium Chloride has zero positive effect on pH. They know that its chemically and physically impossible for this product to act as a liming material such as limestone (calcium carbonate). But these people think that Hunters are stupid and don't know the difference between Calcium Chloride and Calcium Carbonate.

Waiting for the Nutritionist. I know that he has humics and a liwuid foliar uptake product. He can speak to this as a liming substitute.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.