Michael Schwister 05-Jul-16
Topgun 30-06 05-Jul-16
sticksender 05-Jul-16
nutritionist 05-Jul-16
Topgun 30-06 05-Jul-16
Osceola 05-Jul-16

Date:04-Jul-16

Ridge Rock's embedded Photo

I received these trail pics which were 4 minutes apart. I am not sure what is on this buck. Could it be flies, since the patterns changed? If so why are they there? They are on both sides of the deer. All the other pictures of other deer have nothing like this. The location is East central Ohio. Anyone see anything like this?

By: KJC

KJC's embedded Photo

My guess would be flies. I just got this picture yesterday.

I'm thinking horse flies.

They aren't flies I'd guess. That deer wouldn't be standing for that. They hurt like crazy when they bite. God Bless

I've seen similar pictures posted on here before, don't remember what the answer was.

By: t-roy

Possibly some type of weed seed pods. Our deer here in Iowa get covered in Preacher's/Beggar's lice in late summer, buts it's usually in August or Sept. Too early for those seeds to be mature enough to stick to them right now.

Looks like there are not any on or near his ears in the first pic. If it were flies, I would think there would be some around his ears.

If it were MN I would say definitely ticks! Here they get covered with them.

Date:05-Jul-16

Since the pattern changed in 4 min its not ticks. Likely not burrs of any kind either.

Should see a deermatologist.

Stat!

Ticks, we had them that bad last year. They really drag down the deer

From: Michael Schwister Date: 05-Jul-16 Ticks, we had them that bad last year. They really drag down the deer

It can't be ticks when there are two pictures a few seconds apart and the dark patterns have completely changed. It has to be winged insects of some sort.

Looks like flies.

Not unusual to see flies on deer and livestock in the summertime.

ticks are a major problem and it also could be that. If you fed enough of my deer mineral you would see a reduction in flies and ticks as there is garlic in it. I use 5 lbs per ton of garlic in deer pellets for the deer farm guys and put it in my deer mineral.

Another option is to create a cattle duster and use garlic mixed with diatonaceous earth, but i've not seen many guys try this but there is a lot of ingenious guys out there that can make anything work.

Why do people still say they could be ticks? It is very simple to see the difference in the two pictures that the guy posted that have completely different patterns on it after the deer took just one or two steps! Ticks do not move around like that, especially in just a second or two between photos!

Topguns comment seems logical.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.