Michael Schwister 15-Jun-16
drycreek 15-Jun-16
jrhurn 15-Jun-16
Michael Schwister 16-Jun-16
drycreek 16-Jun-16
Michael Schwister 18-Jun-16
Bowman 11-Feb-17

Date:14-Jun-16

Ok guys, so I bought the Fast Change hitch set from TSC and installed them on my tractor. I bought some bushings with shoulders on them from Northern but they don't fit in the hitch. No prob, exchanged them for Cat 2, but they don't fit either. The same type bushing from TSC won't fit either. Any suggestions ?

drycreek's embedded Photo

This is what I need, but it must fit the Tractor Supply Fast Hitch that comes in pairs and installs on each lift arm.

drycreek's MOBILE embedded Photo

And this is the hitch that it needs to fit. The inside diameter of the bushing is ok, it's the outside that is too large for the hitch. Thanks !

Anybody ?

Machine shop.

If you lived near Tulsa, I'd make you some. If you can't find any, figure out the dimensions, and I'm sure I can make you some. They will be out of a 1018 or 1215 mild steel, if I make them.

I'd see if you can get some that are close to the ID and have someone machine them down to fit.

Thanks, I've thought about that. Gonna hit some tractor dealers this week and see what happens.

Date:15-Jun-16

The hitch is a CAT 3. They also sell spacers. I have the fast change system also, TSC should have all the parts to make your setup work for most attachements. This is the reason I now recommend Pat's system, as it will work with ALL setups

Thanks Michael, but TSC doesn't carry the right bushings. They only stock Cat 1. The inside measurement is right, but the outside is too big. I think I'm going to get some Cat 1 and have them turned down.

If I had known this, I would have ordered the Pat's, but like a little kid, I wanted it NOW !

I got another idea too, but I won't share it unless it's a success. :)

By: jrhurn

What is Pat's system?

Date:16-Jun-16

DC

Can you go to a different store, or an implement dealer? My TSC has Cat 1 to 2, and cat 2 to 3 bushings. They can be doubled, or you can replace the CAT 1 pins with CAT 2 or 3 pins. My local store has them also. A Kubota, New Holland, JD, CASE/IH or AGCO dealer should have them also

Date:16-Jun-16

Michael, my TSC store has the regular bushings ( sometimes ), but the ones with the shoulders on them are too big. ( Like the ones pictured above ) The inside diameter is good, but the outside is too big to fit my hitch.

Date:18-Jun-16

your hitch must be CAT 2, the ones with the shoulders are made for the quick hitches that have CAT 3 size gaps/claws. I think your are better. If you want you can put CAT 2 pins on your implements, then you need no bushings. I have the one piece with the CAT 3 gaps. I sometimes use double bushings and have not had a problem. With mine it has to come off for the CAT 2 chisel plow, rear bale spear, and post hole digger as the width does not match, and the top hook has to be changed to a swing arm for some implements. If I had a Pat's like yours it would never need to come off, and nothing would ever need to be changed, and IMHO holds more secure. John Deere has a proprietary quick hitch, but then EVERYTHING has to be JD to work

By: Bowman
Date:11-Feb-17

Jrhurn

Everything he makes: http://www.pats3pointhitchsystem.com/page/7229

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.