drycreek 16-Jun-16
AXE MAN 16-Jun-16
sam 18-Jun-16
sam 18-Jun-16
spike buck 18-Jun-16
Medicinemann 18-Jun-16

By: Zbone
Date:15-May-16

About that time of year again, anyone see any yet...

Family group of mature doe with her last year's twins feeding in my back field early this AM, so she hasn't ran the yearlings off yet... Peak fawning usually Memorial Day week around here...

Z. Saw twins in the Cuyahoga Valley this morning.

Saw 2 so far in CT

One of my matriarch does has obviously dropped. I saw her today at noon go from the east side of my property to the west side which is where she has kept her twins in the last few years. Did not pull the cards though.

What a great time of the year!!!

Haven't seen any yet in west central MN, but they've got to be dropping...

Mark

Date:16-May-16

A last year's fawn showed in my backfield yesterday evening without momma so I suspect she's away with new babies or preparing for birth...

Thinking bout it, for the yearly "When will be the Peak Rut" folks, this thread started on the 15th so if ya count back 29 weeks (203 days), fawns would be conceived around October 25th... Basically, fawns born this week likely conceived last week of October, fawns born next week likely conceived first week of November, then the week after, the second week of November, and so on and so on... Fawning time is same dates year after year...

dm/wolfskin's embedded Photo

I see on Facebook my sister in Winnsboro S.C. has one already. She gets 10 or more a Summer for different reasons. Cars, dogs, fences, or people just picking them up because they're by thierselves. This one looks in good shape. My sister's granddaughter.

By: Ermine

Ermine's embedded Photo

Lion killed a deer in the yard and these two fell out

By: JRW

My wife and I found a pair of twins while out mushroom hunting. They couldn't have been more than a few days old.

Date:18-May-16

Little fawn tracks showed up in mud of backfield yesterday...

By: Moben

Saw a newborn yesterday here in Northeast Missouri. Also saw an adult doe running in circles and bucking like a bronco for about 20 minutes. We are in the CWD zone and that has me worried.

Predeter's embedded Photo

Date:19-May-16

Predeter - Cool photo...

Date:31-May-16

Any sightings?

BGHUNTER00's embedded Photo

A couple years ago my son and I were walking through our woods with our dogs when all of a sudden the dogs started chasing something right towards us through the weeds. Just before the dogs caught him my 11 year old reached down and scooped this little guy up! After we put the dogs up we turned him loose with no problems!

Rhett Parish's embedded Photo

Seen this pair 3 weeks ago.

I have seen 2 fawns with does along NYS Rte 87. One last week seemed like the doe was licking it like it was just born. Today, there was one trotting after a doe, although the fawn was closer to the road than I liked.

I drive this road (4 lane interstate) for 200 miles, twice a week. 2 weeks ago on Monday morning, I counted 18 dead deer; more than the previous 2 months combined. Some I could tell were bucks, but not more then 2 or 3. I notice this every year when the fawns start to drop. The only other time its this bad is during the rut....

>>>>-------->

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo

Elk calf. 5-28-16

By: njbuck

Been seeing a decent number of fawns around me lately. Hopefully more will start showing up soon.

I kicked up a fawn while spraying a foodplot this weekend down in the timber, that was the first one of the year here in IL for me. Little thing was pretty quick already so it was likely a few days to a week old already.

On a positive note some bucks are already starting to show some identifying characteristics to their antler growth already too, hopefully we get plenty of rain this summer and it should be a good antler year this fall.

By: FM

Saw my first one today here in northern MN.

Date:01-Jun-16

Saw 2 today headed back to the truck from turkey hunting.

By: Fletch

Bumped two that were bedded right next to the trail on Saturday. Sunday had one come down and try to follow me and my buddy at the state archery range. Had to run it off twice.

Had 2 bedded in the corner of the yard this morning. They were real wobbly when they got up. Mom was just milling around, surprised she was comfortable with me there. Must be getting to comfy around the house!

tobywon's embedded Photo

Stumbled on this one on a jobsite in CT.

Last week they really started dropping around here. I have seen more then a dozen in the last week that were not more then a few days old. I did see some near Great Barrington Mass. 2 weeks ago and that surprised me. Shawn

Date:02-Jun-16

"Last week they really started dropping around here"

Likely conceived the first week of November, write it down, same timing every year...As said in the beginning, Memorial Day week, same time as here in NE Ohio year after year... I'd be willing to bet same time anywhere near the I90, I80, and I70 corridors across the nation...

Trash your expert peak rut charts and hocus pocus predictions...8^)

(I know, I take the fun out of things...8^))

BTW, t'is the season, my daughter gave birth this morning to a 9 pound, 6 once baby boy... Yey...8^) Hopefully another deer hunter in the family...

Zbone, First Congrats on the grandson!! I could not agree more about timing the rut. I spoke to a women last year who runs a large deer operation. She said to a few guys who were talking about a late rut, "You men are so funny, if you knew anything you would know the rut occurs within a couple days each and every year. It only varies by region and hot weather, cold weather, and rain and snow does not change it!!". She went on to say the weather only effects deer activity not the timing of the rut and the moon well that is just plain stupid as far as timing the rut. Shawn

By: LKH

2 years ago when building the pad for our new house in MT my Boykin Spaniel herded a very young fawn out of the grass and up to us. She would lightly tap it with her nose. I caught it and it didn't even had saliva on it or any sign she had mouthed or bit it.

Put it back in the brush, locked up the dog and when I checked the area the next day it was gone.

deerman406 - Thanks on the baby....

"She went on to say the weather only effects deer activity not the timing of the rut and the moon well that is just plain stupid as far as timing the rut."

Yep, totally concur... I'm like her getting a kick out of it ever year when the new rut charts come out...8^)

Weather and moon may affect daytime activity, but does will be bred within the same dates annually. Been taking notes many years until finally a couple decades or so ago, realized the timing is the same year after year... Along that I90, I80, and I70 corridors, Veterans' Day (November 11) always falls during the peak, and I used to believe towards the beginning of the peak, but after these years of notes proved the 11th falls nearer the end of the peak as newborn fawn sighting corroborate...

See threads annually asking the best week if only one, and my answer would be the week between Halloween and Veteran's Day.... Those dates are easy to remember too...

Don't get me wrong, the whole month of November is really, really, really good, but that week is GREAT... Should have wrote a book back then, would have rocked the whitetail hunting world...8^)))

I saw my first fawn in central MN yesterday.

I go out of my way to avoid deer this time of year - plus I love fishing as much as bowhunting so it works out. That being said - visually in my area of NJ - see far less fawns each and every year.

Date:04-Jun-16

White Falcon's embedded Photo

Yesterday at the house.

By: MK111
Date:04-Jun-16

Seen my 1st fawn for 2016 in my back yard. I've been seeing a young doe crossing the corner in the back yard for 3 days.

At 8:30 PM the doe came out of the brush with a young fawn. The fawn even fell down 2 times going 25 yds to the other brush line.

Date:06-Jun-16

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo

A doe has dropped one fawn in our 3 acre yard each year since 2004. This is only a few days old based off of the traffic of the mature doe going to this spot several times a day.

Date:09-Jun-16
Zbone's Supporting Link

http://fox8.com/2016/06/08/i-feel-like-im-a-prisoner-woman-worried-for-her-safety-after-deer-keeps-trying-to-attack-her/

MENTOR-ON-THE-LAKE - A Mentor-on-the-Lake woman barely escapes serious injury after a deer goes on the attack.

Cindy Frost first noticed the doe and her baby fawn on her Salida Road property about two weeks ago.

Since then she says, she has tried to steer clear of the animals, but the mama deer won’t leave Cindy alone.

“I feel like I’m a prisoner,” said Cindy, “I can’t take my dogs out for a walk; I can’t even walk down to the end of my property and when I go to my car I’m looking all around.”

Her fears are justified. The same deer stomped and injured her neighbor's Golden Retriever last year.

Now she keeps charging after Cindy.

The interactions are becoming so frequent, Fox 8 News reporter Suzanne Stratford and videographer Doug Herrmann caught the deer staring down Cindy Wednesday night, but that’s nothing compared to the unprovoked incident last Thursday.

While Cindy was taking her dogs out to use the bathroom the deer became extremely aggressive, reared up and then ran after her.

She did everything you’re supposed to do in such a situation. Since deer can’t turn sharp corners she put a car between them and ran back and forth. She also tried zigzagging but the doe kept charging.

“She came right after me,” said Cindy, “What saved me was my black top. She couldn’t get her grip, that’s the only thing that saved me.”

Cindy fell during the altercation and suffered minor injuries including bruised ribs. Local police and experts with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Wildlife told her that does can become aggressive near their fawns but rarely attack.

She says they told her the deer should move on in a couple of weeks, but if the animal's behavior continues both mom and baby might have to be euthanized.

“I don’t want that; I’m an animal lover,” said Cindy.

However she is warning people to be careful around deer.

Cindy says she learned the hard way that even if you’re hundreds of yards away from the fawn, the doe might still feel threatened and attack.

Date:09-Jun-16

So far have found the remains from 3 coyote kills, and seeing very few "twins" this season.

By: Bear
Date:10-Jun-16

Bear's embedded Photo

Trail cam pics from last week

Bear's embedded Photo

Bear's embedded Photo

Bear's embedded Photo

Bear's embedded Photo

By: MK111
Date:12-Jun-16

6:30 PM I was going down to check the cattle and run water. I have to drive by my overlook of my food plots. I seen a long beard turkey and a coyote. I stopped and picked up my binos and it was a fawn. It bedded and only could see it's ears move at times. Rather neat. Then a friend called and said another friend's dad just died. That took the fun out so I came in before the doe showed up.

Date:16-Jun-16

drycreek's MOBILE embedded Photo

This is the only one I have any pics of. Momma is on the Grandpa Ray minerals.

Date:16-Jun-16

AXE MAN 's embedded Photo

Mule deer fawns from last July , they may now drop them in June to July now. ( 8000 feet level) Global Warming is a Hoax

By: sam
Date:18-Jun-16

sam's embedded Photo

Beside my driveway the other day

By: sam

sam's embedded Photo

He thinks he's hid.

spike buck's embedded Photo

N.W. Ontario

I have more fawns on trail cameras this year than any other year that I can remember......also starting to see a lot more coyotes as well. If the fawns make it through the summer, by this Fall, the coyote population will decrease....both during bow season and during trapping season.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.