happygolucky 22-Apr-16
njbuck 22-Apr-16
cityhunter 23-Apr-16
kadbow 23-Apr-16
deerhaven 24-Apr-16
nutritionist 24-Apr-16
t-roy 24-Apr-16

Date:21-Apr-16

I had heard great things about his mineral supplement and seed so I placed an order. I cannot comment on how good this product is but I can comment on how honest, fair and attentive John is. It’s a long story but somehow we got our wires crossed on shipping detail. I thought I had sent a follow up to have the product sent to a different address but somehow think I missed pressing the send button. Anyway, I followed up to see where the order was as it was going to be driven to me by my son. Well as it got closer we realized that my mistake would not allow John to get the product there on time. What followed is something that is rare in our world today. 1.Instead of pointing blame and arguing he immediately said he would cancel the shipment. 2.Instead of charging me for this mistake, he said he would credit my account back. Actually the money was back through Papal before I finished reading his email.

What wonderful customer service but more importantly what a first class individual John is and I am sure his product is first class as is his reputation. For sure I will find a way to try his product and then get him to ship it to Montana so I can pick it up and bring it into Alberta.

Thanks Tom Foss Calgary Alberta Canada

Good stuff Tom......John is a wealth of information and seems like a great guys too...this just proves that! I hope to order from him for fall planing!

Did you ever track down some trees to plant?

I am just glad to see that you are posting on Bowsite!!

I agree,good to see Tom back around. Good to hear about John's customer service, far too many companies neglect that today.

CAS

Thanks for asking and remembering

Another 3800 pine and spruce coming to plant May 14th weekend. Found a great nursery in northern Alberta.

Jake

Still not posting, just giving a shout out to honest John O'Brion. He deserves it. I will order from him in the future.

Tom

Date:22-Apr-16

Another shout out for John at Grandpa Ray's....just got my seed and mineral order this week.

John has provided a wealth (literally decades) of information free right here on Bowsite for the past couple of years.

He's got a winning strategy and as a result his company is growing leaps and bounds.

Mark

TThomas,

In that case, it speaks volumes about how much his professionalism impressed you...

Great to see Tom back and contributing.

I'm planting some of John's seeds too and his minerals have been in the ground about a month now. I'll check my cameras next week to see what kind of activity I have. I echo the compliments to John. Even with freight from Wisconsin to Texas, he is less expensive than the others, and I hope to prove, better seed also.

Good things happen to good people. I know a guy who had a moose that he was trying to get back home....

I'll be planting some of John's seeds too and will be ordering more. He's been a big help answering my newbie type questions via email and on here as well. He is very knowledgable in this area for sure.

By: njbuck

I planed John's seeds this spring and they are coming up great. I have zero food plot experience and the time that John has taken out of his busy schedule to give me advice and pointers has really saved me on a ton of mistakes. I have also put his mineral out for about 2 months now and the deer are really hitting it. It is the first year that I have used his mineral but when compared to other types of mineral I have used in the past, there is no comparison. He makes great products and even better customer service.

Date:23-Apr-16

great guy the world needs a few million more like him

By: kadbow
Date:23-Apr-16

Appreciate all the info he posts on here. Didn't have the best of luck with my first order but "stuff" happens once in awhile. I am sure I will be ordering again.

Date:24-Apr-16

I am fortunate enough to live close to John. He actually visited my farm last summer and gave me some of the best ideas I have ever gotten on managing my food plots. I Purchased some of his fall food plot mix and had excellent deer activity in those plots. Best luck I have ever had with brassica type mixes.

John is great guy with a ton of knowledge which he is willing to share plus he has some excellent product at a very reasonable cost. Thanks John!

Mike

Wow, what a great ending to a wonderful weekend. To give you all an update on what I have been up to. I planted half the education plot this weekend and am finally getting caught up. Very few of you may know but besides Grandpa Ray Outdoors, I have a seed distribution business as well. From February until about now, It can get crazy with clients needing grains, legumes,lawn seed and other seeds that are for spring plantings. I work with the INDEPENDENT feed mills, farm stores and agronomy centers in Wisconsin.

Grandpa Ray Outdoors has exploded because of many of you on here, as well as the hunting shows I am sponsoring. I have had a couple glitches but my solution was to hire a part time employee and to utilize a couple companies to do more of the packaging and shipping for me.

I don't make excuses and my mentality is to figure out a solution. I am use to having long term relationships with my clients. I could care less about a quick sale. My goal is to educate and help in any way humanly possible to help each and every one of my clients have success. I appreciate the wonderful feedback and I believe I have caught my breath and can get everyone product shipped within 48 hours of all orders. I have set up a couple more dealers recently and will set more up as we go.

I hope to raise $20,000 for youth hunters education, disabled youth hunts, and other worthy causes.

It touches me to read the kind words. I am not perfect but I promise each and every one of you that I give my best effort to offer you positive experiences.

Be well.

By: t-roy

More kudos to John!

Just put my mineral out & the deer seem to be taking to it right off. Hopefully I can get the seed blend I ordered from John in the ground in the next couple of weeks as well. Thanks for all your help over the phone & the quick shipping on my order as well!.....Troy

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.