willliamtell 13-Jan-16
Buck-man 13-Jan-16
Charlie Rehor 13-Jan-16
scentman 14-Jan-16
flyingbrass 14-Jan-16
flyingbrass 16-Jan-16
lawdy 17-Jan-16

Date:03-Jan-16

I'm going to post my new property. It's big at 567 acres. The lines are painted white. I'm going to post below the white purple paint which means "no trespassing". I want to order a few signs for good measure from Voss signs. I'll probably get the light gauge aluminum ones. Any thoughts before I order?

Arkansas Wi or the state?

state of Arkansas.

Date:04-Jan-16

Have you calculated the total perimeter (linear) footage and figured your sign spacing? There is pretty strong evidence that more/closer signs = fewer trespassers.

Not sure the culture around your property but in my purple state law property I just put up blank purple plastic squares without issue and it looks better imo

In anothet state I put up no hunting,fishing or tresspassing to remove any doubt that hunting is tresspassing.....

Prepare for some 6 shot in a few of them.....:)

Buddy of mine makes plastic molded custom made with your personal info on sign...reasonable and will ship to you. pm me for info.

If you are in a very windy area, the light gauge aluminum might not hold up. IF you are posting in a less wind-prone area or in the timber, they will probably do just fine. I like the steel signs for my area (Central Montana) because we get some pretty high wind speeds that tend to vibrate the aluminum signs apart. I also put a good-sized washer on the bolt or back them with a board (1x3 or similar) to help with the wind and vibration issues.

By: Jorge

I've tried the tyvek (paper) ones and they are only good for 1 - 2 years. Next I tried the light aluminum ones and thought I'd never have to post again. I attached them to large trees with roofing nails with the plastic washers. Unfortunately they tear and come off as well. Wind may be an issue like glacier mentioned. I have maybe 25% of them left after 5 years. So, I'd go as heavy as you can afford since you don't want to be doing a border that size very often. Perhaps the board backing is the way to go - I will try that next time unless there is a perfect solution out there.

Signs last longest when they are heavy/rigid and nailed to fence posts. Trees grow and nails pull through signs. Nails tend to work out of some tree species. All signs will last longer if they have a backer board, but this isn't practical for obvious reasons unless you have plenty of time and money. In the end, it pretty much comes down to using what you can afford and then keeping them in shape with annual runs around the perimeter to repair/replace as needed.

Posting is expensive. Post with as heavy a sign as you can afford. Back it with something. Personally, instead of nailing it to the tree, I'd wire it to the tree and leave it loose enough to hold but not allow the tree to grow into the wire. Spider wire fishing line works good.

Nails ruin trees. Nails are grown over and signs fall. Nails allow wind to rip signs free. Spider wire doesn't. It is far superior. God Bless

Randy,I was under the impression that purple paint "posts" your land and if you are hunting fishing,trapping you need written permisson.....

The statue for trespassing says that you are if the land is "posted"

Some ambiquity maybe but is their legal precedent that supports purple paint allows tresspassing other than land surveyors who are given exemption?

Seems the trespassing law covers "posted" land??

Date:07-Jan-16

scentman's embedded Photo

These will not fade.

scentman's embedded Photo

One more,I love these!

those look good scent man, I've contacted the company.

I think you will be happy with the product, I have some from when they first started and have not faded in at least ten years! The custom labeling is really nice as no need for any writing that wears or fades. Good luck and happy hunting flynbrass.

Ace of Spades's embedded Photo

One of these works!

By: KC9
Date:08-Jan-16

Scentman What is the company that makes those? Website?

Date:08-Jan-16

Kc9, sent you a pm

Date:12-Jan-16

well I can't decide between the 2 recommendations here. The voss aluminum or plastic seriouspropertymarkers.com

Date:13-Jan-16

Does this mean I can't hunt on your land anymore ? LOL Sorry couldn't resist !!

Here in commie Cali the jacknapes tend to tear posted signs down. Advise buying extras and planning on reposting (or at least inspecting) the perimeter annual. Also, doesn't every State (that requires posting) have a maximum spacing? Make sure you stay inside that. It takes quite a while to post property. Give yourself lots of time.

scentman, your etched signs look good - where can you get them and what do they cost?

I have the Voss Aluminum and many have been blown off the trees, or fell off after tree growth even using roofing nails with plastic rings

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo

Put these signs up in 1984 and they look the same today. Neighbors have re-posted 5 times in the last 31 years with plastic signs. I believe the metal signs speak louder. In the Southern Tier of New York State all private land is posted.Good luck with your property. C

Date:14-Jan-16

seriouspropertymarkers.com

Date:14-Jan-16

seriouspropertymarkers.com is going to send me a sample so I'm leaning that way

Date:16-Jan-16

Update! I told the deer lease President I have another 800 acres leased and I'll continue to do so to help ease the overcrowding there. Also, I offered to join their deer lease and not hunt on it the first year(with no plans to ever hunt in a crowded place) if it would help them and ease the transition. They declined. I tried. I don't think I can tear down a deer stand even if it's across the line. I found several more on the line yesterday so it's worse than I thought. I want to be the best neighbor I can possibly be because many times you are neighbors for life.

By: lawdy
Date:17-Jan-16

Timber companies up here stopped leasing big tracts because of the problems. They issue bear and deer baiting permits but the forester makes sure they are spaced over a mile apart, charge for them, and in some cases are walk-in only, no atvs. They only lease tiny camp lots. The fed land up here allows no baiting with no hunting of turkeys, bobcats, steel shot only, tree stands and blinds have to be removed each day, and orange for all. No one bowhunts their land due to the rules and the fact that before they buy, they allow the land to be totally clearcut. You can see for hundreds of yards but no deer in it's right mind would live there.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.