HuntnBigGame 13-Dec-15
WV Mountaineer 13-Dec-15
Medicinemann 13-Dec-15
Knife2sharp 13-Dec-15
Purdue 13-Dec-15
drycreek 13-Dec-15

Date:13-Dec-15

Little John's embedded Photo

This trail cam picture was taken in north eastern Minnesota during November. It is about a 1/2 mile from the nearest road, and the woods to get to the camera are thick and swampy.

I have had many suggestions, but nothing consistent. Can you guys help?

I will say Beefalo.

By: Sixby

woodland caribou, Check the tail and shape of head.

God bless, Steve

I agree a "Woody" cow!

looks like a caribou

Sure looks like a caribou to me as well.

By: Ambush

Cow, as in domestic farm cow. But yeah, looks like a caribou mainly because of the suggestive neck coloration.

Caribou have a very short tail. In this pic the cow's tail is flicked to the offside making it look short [but still too long]. The body is too blocky with too much depth to length to be a caribou. Neck too short for 'bou Head too blocky.

But hopefully you will soon have a big enough population for an open season or at least a draw

Looks like a blurry pic of a buck, lower half of pic is clear upper might have frost making it look different then it is.

Beef. It's what's for dinner. God Bless

If it's thick and swampy to where the camera is (was?), go over to where the animal was standing, and look at the tracks.....the tracks will give you additional (and valuable) information to further help identify the animal. If you do go back, post a photo on here of the tracks...be sure to put something in the picture next to the tracks for scale....

It looks like a cow by shape, but I think it's a deer based on the white on brisket, inner legs and butt. It's too dark to be a caribou IMO.

By: Purdue

Purdue's embedded Photo

Hampshire

If it is ^^^^^^^^^, kill it before it multiplies !

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.