drycreek 25-Oct-15
Jaeger63 25-Oct-15
cityhunter 25-Oct-15
Jaeger63 25-Oct-15
Michael Schwister 12-Nov-15
David Alford 12-Nov-15

By: Hunt98
Date:23-Oct-15

I'm considering getting a cellular trailcam more so for security purposes.

What make and model have you used? Which cellular service? Price?? How good is the night time pic/video? Battery life?

What else do you like or dislike about the model that you have used?

By: wildan
Date:24-Oct-15

There are a couple different sites that do game camera reviews.

By: wildan

There are a couple different sites that do game camera reviews.

I'm liking the HCO Outdoor's Spartan GoCam I bought this year. It's a pretty good cam for the money. But of course the best out there is going to be Reconyx's cellular cam but the price is just too much for me.!

spartan 3g is nice i can get them at good prices check them out .

Louis, are they Verizon or ATT ?

By: t-roy

Trailcampro is a very good source for anything to do with trail cameras.

Coverts are pretty nice!

drycreek, You can get either the Verizon or ATT model GoCam. I went with Verizon but ATT has a cheaper plan.

Thanks Jaeger

Date:25-Oct-15

umm, that has to be evaluated, I think Reconyx has some pretty good competition these days.

David, I've owned several cams over the years and nothing I've had so far compares to the quality of Reconyx cams. I just assume their cellular cams would be of the same great quality as their regular cams but again......the price is just too much for me. Now.......if I were getting a cam strictly for security purposes I might would look more seriously at a cellular Reconyx, but for just recreational purposes, I can't justify the price.

Up 'til now, I've not looked into them seriously because ATT does not work at my property. I went to the Trail Cam Pro website and read the reviews on the GoCam. Good reviews but they suggested looking at the signal on your cell phone at your potential camera site before buying. I'll do that next week and then I think I'm gonna try one of these in Verizon. Need one at my gate for security. Might need another on my hog trap to let me know when hogs are using it regularly so I can set the trigger on the gate. Thanks for the info guys.

Drycreek, I've had mine up and running since early July. So far II'm very pleased with it. If you have any questions, or would like to see some sample pics, just PM me.

Don on my farm some areas have better service then others also DON try sending PIcs from these areas with your phone , Like i said on my farm i have areas were the pics from my phone take a while to be sent ..

x2 on what City said. Some parts of my lease barely has service while just several hundred yards away I have great service. If you purchase the web portal plan from HCO you can control your cam remotely from your computer. That's very important for me as I live 7.5 hours from my lease. Good luck to all as that magical time is fast approaching!!!!!

Date:12-Nov-15

RECONYX are rated the highest in every catagory and every site I have read. I have not made the plunge and keep buying dark light in the 150-$200 range. However the cheapest ones only last a few months and nothing I have used lasted more than 3-4 years. Not sure, but could be posible reconyx are cheapest in the long run. But I do not have any data. If they last more than 8 years they are definately the cheapest.

Date:12-Nov-15

I think it was Chasing Game that reviewed Reconyx and the night time pics were definitely not the best in that category. They don't even have true video, do they? And I heard from a friend NM G&F tested Reconyx against Browning and ended up sending the Reconyx back. I don't know why they would last longer than Browning. Browning and several other brands have improved their seals and configuration/latches. Maybe the competition has caught up/surpassed Reconyx? I'm open minded but would like to see some truly independent tests from several sources.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.