Dwayne 08-May-15
Cheesehead Mike 08-May-15
cityhunter 08-May-15
Cheesehead Mike 11-May-15
R. Hale 11-May-15
Hunting5555 13-May-15

Date:02-May-15

Shuteye's embedded Photo

My cousin was working ground when his tractor caught on fire. He got out with just singed eye brows and beard.

Shuteye's embedded Photo

After the fire was out. His little Nephew said, "It isn't green any more."

There was another one just like it out there working ground this morning.

I live smack center of Wisconsin farm county and I'm amazed these farmers can afford all the huge equipment they operate.

A ride he won't forget!

By: r-man

ouch, $$$$$$

I had one burn up on me once...I was helping a good friend out and was chisel plowing and I kept seeing a little bit of smoke coming out from under the hood, so on the next pass by the farm, I throttled it back and the fire just erupted from under the hood. By the time the fire department got there, there wasn't much saving of the tractor.

Date:03-May-15

The work of that VFD is very familiar.

;-)

did they use gasoline to put the fire out !!!!:>

Two Feathers Government is making many farmers very wealthy and driving land prices through the roof.

Date:04-May-15

Most farmers don't own their equipment. They just make payments to the banks...I sure wish I had known how to get rich when we had the family farm. I just don't remember all the free cash floating around, but then again I was a young man...expensive farm land does not make the farmer rich except on paper. If anything it makes him poorer because he can borrow more...

Date:05-May-15

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo

It happened to my truck so I can relate!

It totally sucked!

Mike isn't this the second truck you have had burn up? If so I would definitely be looking over my shoulder, a lot, if I were you.

Rolled one up with too many seeds.

;-)

Date:06-May-15

Yes Rut this is the second truck I've had burn up. This one was some kind of defect in the electronics or wiring behind the dash and at least it was insured. The other truck fire was more suspicious...

Actually Pat, the tires got so hot that they were all charred and checked on the inside and I wouldn't trust them. They were almost new and I had less than 1000 miles on the rebuilt Allison transmission that I just paid $3700 for and removed and installed myself.

Funny thing Joey, the last thing I did before I noticed the truck was on fire was test out the cigarette lighter, which never got used except for using the socket for a charging port...

Mike, same thing happened to a guy I know from River Falls. Same thing started the fire, scary. I really like my GMC and Chevy trucks but this makes me a bit paranoid. Knowing of two people that the same thing has happened to is more than coincidence.

I own the same truck. Its got over 210,000 on it. I would jump for joy if this happened to mine! :) Well, I'm off to test the cigarette lighter... :)

Date:07-May-15

Rut,

After the fire I did some internet research and the number of stories of other mysterious fires that started behind the dash on mid-2000 GM trucks and SUVs is alarming and far from a coincidence. My insurance company was going to file suit against GM but the statute of limitations was 10 years from date of manufacture and my truck was too old by 4 months. Some of the internet stories are really bad with the trucks catching on fire and burning the house down, etc. My truck was in the garage when it started on fire. I was about to go in the house and it's a good thing I noticed it and was able to start it up and drive it out while it was burning or I would have lost the entire garage including 3 Chevelle Super Sports, a Harley, ATV, Pop-up Camper, Lawn mowers, tools, etc., etc., etc....

My truck was paid for and only had 130,000 miles on it which isn't much for a diesel, it had a brand new tranny (which shouldn't have gone out at 130k miles) new tires, new leveling kit, all new brakes and rotors, new 4" turbo-back exhaust, etc., etc. and I wasn't planning on buying another truck for a long time so it really sucked.

Always a good idea to keep a fire extinguisher on board and easily accessible. Tractor, boat, vehicle, etc.......Never know when you might need it for your own use or to assist someone else.

Wiring up stereos, or other electronics, to the vehicles fuse box has caused many a fire. Jumping posts, using incorrect fuse sizes, not using fusible links, etc...........

Ford had a huge mess a few years ago with their cruise control switches under the hood. Burned a few vehicles and homes down. Big recall. If you own an early 2000's Ford F truck it may be a good idea to verify the switch has been changed out with the recalled version.

By: Fuzzy

Joey I even keep a fire extinguisher on my horse.

I had a fire extinguisher by my welder very near the truck and as I was about to start using it I realized that I had better get the the truck out of the garage in case I can't put the fire out. I had to run into the house to grab my keys which took me about 30 seconds. As soon as I got the truck out of the garage I emptied the fire extinguisher on the fire and it had zero effect.

I'm glad I got the truck out of the garage or I would have lost this '66 along with a '69 and a '70.

He he he

A horse.

Ya da man, Fuzzy.

:-)

Mike, I had a 06 Suburban and the person I sold it to had a fire under the dash. They somehow got it out. I actually like the late 90's GM trucks better. I am glad you got the truck out and saved the Chevelle's. I lost a 72 Torino Sport to a fire, it's a helpless feeling. Of course it was a Ford so I got over it;)

By: Dwayne
Date:08-May-15

Mike, sorry for the truck but sure glad you didn't lose the classics!

That SS isn't from MN is it? Had one just like it and dropped a Vette 427 in it...man it could fly. Also had a 66 Plymouth with a Hemi. Didn't own the two at the same time so always wondered which was faster. Sold them MANY years ago.

Thanks Rut.

Dwayne,

Thanks and no, my SS is originally from Idaho but I've driven it in Minnesota many times. Mine has the 396 in it.

lucky it happened in your yard and not some elk hunt !

Date:11-May-15

That's for sure!

Date:11-May-15

Fire is the reason I insisted on a separate garage. My wife did not like it but I know of several houses burned down due to car fires. Not sure what caused them. Electrical I assume.

Date:13-May-15

That is a beautiful car!!

I know someone who lost their less than 5 year old home to the Ford Cruise Control fire problem.

My dad always insisted that garages should be separate from the house for this very reason. They used to say that your home owners insurance would be cheaper if it was unattached.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.