R. Hale 21-Apr-15
r-man 21-Apr-15
r-man 21-Apr-15
Forester 21-Apr-15
r-man 21-Apr-15
Forester 21-Apr-15
drycreek 21-Apr-15

Date:21-Apr-15

Pat, I have a few that are almost square. That is what happens when you hit a rock with a round one. :)

Never seen a square disc blade. I would think the corners would be subject to breakage. I doubt we see much new disc technology as the time for soil tillage is rapidly fading and No-till has become increasingly accepted.

Joey Ward's Supporting Link

Never heard of 'em.

Have used this place for various blades though.

www.agrisupply.com

The Old Sarge's Supporting Link

Never heard of them either and I was born and raised in farm country. Still live in farm country.

Are you looking for something like at the link?

Pat, never heard of square discs. Square axles, yes. My Brown harrow has a lever to adjust the gang angle for more aggressive cutting. Can you adjust yours? It's a great option to have. My smaller Howse is fixed, both are notched. I have thought about putting rounds on the rears, anyone try that?

By: r-man

If they exist try agri supply, www.agrisupply.com they have just about everything 1800-345-0169

Pat,

Asked the old man. In all his years he can't recall running across them. In fact he couldn't fathom why you would want such a thing.

Notched can be pretty aggressive. As swamp said you can run notched and rounds... You can adjust as well depending on your setup.

Are you sure you're not thinking disk center hole for the axel shaft? Round, Hex, Square?

Round disks give a smoother finish when the last pass is done shallow. To get more aggressive it is just a matter of weight and angle.

I am also thinking they intended to say square shaft holes. Otherwise makes no sense.

r-man's embedded Photo

is this what you want ?

try this when you search 704 x 528 qmda

Forester's Supporting Link

Hey Pat,

I know what you are asking about. The square discs can be pretty hard to find. Here is a link to the discs shown in the photo you speak of. I don't know if they make the blades available for use on other units besides their own. Can't hurt to give them a call.

http://wildlifespeciality.com/Brushmaster.html

It may still be under production and adjustments, not ready for sale, unable to find part list for them yet

Pat, if you contact them please let us know what you find. It seems like their web and facebook sites have not been active since 2012. Sorry if it is a dead lead - but it shows you are correct about the existence of square blades.

Well...................

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.