Single bevel 14-Jun-19
brettpsu 14-Jun-19
shiloh 14-Jun-19
Osceola 14-Jun-19
Korey Wolfe 14-Jun-19
shiloh 15-Jun-19
shiloh 15-Jun-19

Date:23-Jun-13

The data sheet for Butyrac 200 ( 24DB )does not say it's OK for grass & weed control on clover but I talked to two guys at a local shoot yesterday that said they have been using it for several years with great results. One said that it use to list clover on the label but has been changed. The reason I'm asking is it's a 10th of the price for some of the other products on the market. I did not ask them what % of Butyrac to water they used or if they added crop oil with the mix so I still need to hear from someone that has used it. Oldhunter

Rate of application is 1-3 quarts per acre. usually no additives are needed. In seedling alfalfa only the addition of a non-ionic surfactant at 0.25% may improve broadleaf control under dry low humidity conditions. Butyrac 200 does not control grasses. Use the heavier application rate if weeds are 2-3 inches tall.

So is there anything that can be used for both broadleaf and Johnson grass that is not $350 plus per gallon

Anybody ever used a weed wiper on things like Johnson grass or pig weed?

You need a broadleaf herbicide such as Butyrac 200 and a grass killer either Poast or clithodim 2EC. Go to a AG dealer and tell them what you need and they can fix you up. The Poast comes in a 2 1/2 gal jug and you can get clethodim in gal containers.

The Poast is safe for clover ? When I went to the local Co-OP the only thing they said was OK for clover was Slay and Pursuit. They did not have the Slay and the Pursuit was $489.00 a gal. jug. The Pursuit is a little much for my pocket. Thanks to everyone for your help and information. Oldhunter

clethodim is generic select . you can use it on clover . It is very good on grass . 6 0z per acre is a common rate I think I paid around $60 a gal last summer at Rural King . Check with your local fertilizer and ag chemical dealer

Read the label for the chemical name of the herbicide in Slay and Pursuit. They are common herbicides that have been packaged to sell to food plotters and are much more expensive per oz. for the same thing you can buy at a AG center much cheaper. At the AG center they are packaged in larger amounts. Common size is a 2 1/2 gal jug. If the AG center does custom spraying you can sometimes buy smaller amounts if you beg!

By: pav
Date:24-Jun-13

Ditto on Keystonepestsolutions.com

Everything you need...deliver right to your door. Use Butyrac 200 on broadleaf weeds and either Clethodim or Arrow 2EC on grass. Using crop oil is a must for spraying grass IMO. Not as critical for broadleaf weeds.

By: Nate
Date:14-Jun-19

I agree with that we use butyrac 200 and clethodim for 3 years price is right no problems with clover do not tank mix use crop oil on clethodim only

By: pav

Six years later (2013 thread resurrected)...

We decided to try Imox this year. Spray once for broadleaf weeds and grasses. Looks expensive at first, but once you figure application rates....the Imox and Nitro-Surf combination actually costs less than Butyrac 200 and Clethodim. Again, you get it all in one application...so it saves time too.

Sprayed our plots back in mid-May and happy with the results....at least so far.

I dont think anyone has mentioned...dont tank mix 24db( aka butyrac) and cleth. Spray each herbicide separately.

I too have had great results with the Imox. Very slow kill but it does work.

By: shiloh

I tank mixed butyrac and cleth yesterday to spray chufa and my ag guy told me it was ok.......hope he was right

I have newly seeded alfalfa and wanted to spray 24db, but I read somewhere that I should wait until growth of at least the third tri-leaf. I am afraid that the broad leaf plants will out grow the alfalfa and crowd it out, so I mowed everything to a height of about 5-6 inches. Almost all the alfalfa is less than 6 inches tall. I also bagged the clippings so that did not inhibit growth.

Has anyone had experience with spraying 24db with really new alfalfa seeding when it is only a few inches tall? I am curious if could hurt it. Also have you sprayed when the temp is over 90 degrees?

I've also heard not to mix the Butyrac and Select

Date:15-Jun-19

Pat if you are right my Helena rep might have to give me some more chufa. I’ll let y’all know what happens. This is a volunteer stand that grew from last years seeds so I’m anxious to see how it does.

Date:15-Jun-19

shiloh's embedded Photo

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.