dm/wolfskin 24-Jul-13
t-roy 24-Jul-13
dm/wolfskin 25-Jul-13
W8N4RUT 02-Aug-13
voodoochile 04-Aug-13
Nate 15-Jun-19
BullBuster 15-Jun-19

Date:09-May-13

I want to spray 2,4 db for broadleaf weeds on my clover. Planted with a frost seeding in February. Clove is 1 to 3 inches high. Can I spray now with the 24 db without killing the clover?

Date:10-May-13

I would wait until the clover is established , it can be tender when it is young . Wait until it has been mowed once and let the weeds regrow a little before you spray with butyrac

Date:10-May-13

Rick is dead on.The weeds will be a little tougher but that is the best way to do it.

Date:16-May-13

So maybe use the Buytrac, kill the broadleafs, then over seed the chicory back in? I've got a weed taking over that I think is chickweed, blocking out almost every thing else.

Gotta kill the weeds or you have no food plot at all. Chickweed will take over everything. So you hit it with 2,4 db. Clover will live. Good chance chicory will die. Then ni the bare spots left by the dead weeds you can eihner overseed more clover or add chicory back in.

I have gone to mostly all clover these days so I can spray herbicides for either grass or weeds as necessary.

mouse-ear chickweed ?

Date:17-May-13
sagittarius's Supporting Link

See attached Butyrac 200 label. In seedling clover, go on the low side of 1/2 - 1 qt/acre. Weeds will be easier to kill when small. Do not mix/spray with Clethodim and crop oil until clover/alfalfa is well established.

Date:19-May-13

Sag..great info here. Thanks a bunch. I did spray my field with about slightly less than 2 quarts per acre.

Read here where I shouldn't let it rain for 7 to 10 days after...Whew, that is going to be tuff!

Date:21-May-13

Voodoo, I'm not sure about the type chickweed. I noticed that the packing info that Sagitarius posted didn't list chickweed as suseptible weed for the Butyrac 200. I hope it can still kill the chickweed as it is getting pretty thick.

Date:23-Jul-13

W8N4RUT's MOBILE embedded Photo

Anyone know what kind of weed this is? And if 24d in a clover plot will control it?

Scott

By: t-roy

Looks like ragweed & I think 2,4-db will kill it.

it is common ragweed. If its not a severe infestation you might let it get approximately one foot taller than the clover and then mow .

Thanks guys

By: suony5

I have found that mowing every two weeks will keep it in check. and come fall the clover will take over. Just don't let the ragweed go to seed and next year you will have no issues. The clover will choke it out.

By: r-man
Date:24-Jul-13

no need to spray, mow it. next spring use pre-emergent, it can be broadcast or spayed, fairly cheaply. use your funds for fertilizer and lime. R-man

Quail love ragweed seed. Mike

Butyrac 200 Herbicide (24DB Herbicide) - 2.5 Gallons $89.95 Add to Cart:

Add to Cart Model: 42750-38 254 Units in Stock

Quantity Discount Pricing 1 $89.95 2-7 $85.95 8-15 $82.95 16+ $78.95 Volume discounts!! - The more you buy the more you save! On orders over $1,000.00 receive a 5% discount. "On orders over $2,500.00 receive a 7% discount! Butyrac 200 Herbicide (24DB Herbicide) 2.5 Gallon Post-emergent broadleaf weed control in Alfalfa, Clover & many other related legumes in the Deer Food Plot family.... Note: This product has been used for Alfalfa and Broadleaf Clover for years. For a reason beyond us, the manufacturer has pulled them off the label... Still the same product, but no longer labeled for Alfalfa and Clover.

Kills most broadleaf weeds. See label for specific weeds controlled. Can be tank mixed with Arrow 2EC (Generic Select) or Poast Plus, however, there is some risk of temporary crop injury when tank mixing. It is safer to use surfactant when tank mixing with the above grass herbicides."

BUTYRAC 200 IS NOT SAFE ON CHICKORY, RADISHES, SUGAR BEATS OR TURNIPS!!

By: t-roy

You were only 1 letter short Pat!

Date:25-Jul-13

iT'S ONLY MONEY. mike

Date:02-Aug-13

Hey guys:

About ready to spray 24dB. How long should I wait after the current rain we're in? Till foliage is dry? Can I spray while its wet?

Date:04-Aug-13

wait for it to dry

By: Nate
Date:15-Jun-19

Nate's MOBILE embedded Photo

Sprayed clover a week ago with butyarc 200 two kill this it covers the ground went two check 2day look like it didn't work i put on heavy can any tell me what this is

Date:15-Jun-19

Maybe I have my mix too hot, but I usually get a bit of a burn on my clover by butyrac. No big because it recovers fast.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.