Messages posted to thread:
Old Baldy 17-May-12
Old Baldy 18-May-12
Habitat for Wildlife 18-May-12
Thornton 19-May-12
Old Baldy 19-May-12

Date:17-May-12
Old Baldy's Supporting Link

Check out and Discuss my Oleinik hunting property! Hit the link above to view.

Date:18-May-12

Hi Pat,

In this plot we are doing peas and buckwheat for the summer. Mid fall we will switch it over to winter rye. It also has a ring around the outside about 10' wide that has clover. The other plot has clover that should be re-planted soon. I think we will till it up in the fall as well and plant winter rye. Then maybe plant brasicas next spring.

Date:18-May-12

What a great set-up. You have only the cost of 20 acres with tons of access all around. I'm envious! Thanks for sharing and enjoy the journey!

Date:19-May-12

My favorite bowhunting spot as a kid was an area less than a few acres in the middle of an 80 acre property that several people hunted. I shot close to 8 deer in that little spot with my recurve and compounds. Small spots can be big in my opinion.

Date:19-May-12

Thanks guys,

We hunted the public land in this area for 7 years. Then during rifle season, we saw that this cabin and property were for sale. We couldn't believe it! We had an offer on the table the next week.

It has always been a good deer area. Now we hope to be able to attract a few more deer to our area and suppliment their food to make it through the tough winters in better shape.

Another plus is being able to track their movements with trail cams as they move to the food plots from the bedding areas. Some of them come from over a mile away.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.